amuck-landowner

Any experience with virtualizor?

Criot

Verified Provider
We have been using it in a public beta of VPS, we've not come across any issues/had any issues reported, support has gone above and beyond whenever we've had to contact them, which is always good to see.

atdeck

Verified Provider
We use here, customers approve.

When I needed support, Virtualizor staff was quite helpful.

mitgib

Verified Provider
I have converted everything for acrosvm since it is only openvz and everything went smoothly, but I cannot seem to get the WHMCS converter to work, it keeps failing "The server group could not be found" when I attempt to import existing solusvm clients, their wiki say to create the group and add virtualizor to it, which I've done, and submitted a ticket to softaculous, just hopping anyone watching this thread has come across this as their support is a bit slow in my option

weloveservers

Verified Provider
So I'm at the point were I have to pick my control panel for virtualization. I've used solusvm in the past as a client. It worked well not really any major complaints. Now that its time to run my own software I'm starting to lean towards virtualizor. I think some of the features seem a little better, and the development seems to be better for virtualizor than solusvm. I know they are saying solusvm 2.0 is supposed to be a major overhaul but how long have they been saying that... 2 years? 

I'd like to hear experiences of both sides. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Have you tried SolusVM? It is by far the best!

OnMichael

Already submitted a ticket, found a few things, like if you use qcow2 as the only storage available, you cannot create KVM templates as it cannot create a snapshot, and the installer was unable to create the bridge in Ubuntu, but that was easy enough to work past
We've been excessive testing Virtualizor for the past few weeks and are very happy with it. Also their support and reaction times are awesome.

You have almost all options to customize KVM, the free WHMCS module is working properly (not the best looking, but I heard an bootstrap update should be available not too far in future) and the most important thing: it has support for File-based VPS storages instead of only LVM like SolusVM.

During our tests we already had some improvements and they integrated them already with an update just a few days after our suggestion (in 1.6.9)

5) [Feature] Added confirmation before reinstalling the OS in enduser.

8) [Feature] The “OS Templates” wizard will now show the OS Template name which is supposed to be used in the billing panels like WHMCS, Blesta, etc.

12) [Task] Network Interface for VMs made into Dropdowns to avoid confusion in Advance settings.

But yeah, we also noticed the qcow2 Template Creation error and are waiting for a fix now. Hopfully this will be fixed soon ;-)

With 1.7.0 we also did not have any problems with the virtualizor network setup on an Ubuntu 14.04 host, so this is probably also fixed?

Have you tried SolusVM? It is by far the best!
Have you even tried Virtualizor? We also tested SolusVM the last few weeks but were not nearly satisified as with Virtualizor. Probably this will change with SolusVM 2 (like probably the pricing xD) but for now I think Virtualizor is way better than SolusVM.

mitgib

Verified Provider
We've been excessive testing Virtualizor for the past few weeks and are very happy with it. Also their support and reaction times are awesome.

You have almost all options to customize KVM, the free WHMCS module is working properly (not the best looking, but I heard an bootstrap update should be available not too far in future) and the most important thing: it has support for File-based VPS storages instead of only LVM like SolusVM.

During our tests we already had some improvements and they integrated them already with an update just a few days after our suggestion (in 1.6.9)

5) [Feature] Added confirmation before reinstalling the OS in enduser.

8) [Feature] The “OS Templates” wizard will now show the OS Template name which is supposed to be used in the billing panels like WHMCS, Blesta, etc.

12) [Task] Network Interface for VMs made into Dropdowns to avoid confusion in Advance settings.

But yeah, we also noticed the qcow2 Template Creation error and are waiting for a fix now. Hopfully this will be fixed soon ;-)

With 1.7.0 we also did not have any problems with the virtualizor network setup on an Ubuntu 14.04 host, so this is probably also fixed?
I've come to a standstill with Virtualizor and KVM, using Ubuntu I've run into a network blipping bug, but it is more related to the system than anything, known bug in the Intel 82574L Gigabit on an old SuperMicro X8 board, so tried CentOS 7 on an E3 based system, and the more I investigate Virtualizor, the more I realize this outfit is more like WHMCS and SolusVM in their early days, just throw shit together and wait for the bug reports. I firmly believe they do no real testing, and it worries me how they code, and what crap is waiting to manifest, but with CentOS 7 Virtualizor is unable to detect ram on the node and is unable to create a container because of it.

Their ability to backpedal would give anyone a run for the money, they are so quick to dish out BS to get you to go away it is almost commical.  My real goal is to get away from SolusVM now that OnApp is at the helm, these people are still only supporting CentOS 5 for their cloud package, they give @Francisco new meaning to the word soon.

I wonder what you consider quick and attentive support? I did an inplace conversion of my AcrosVM brand since it was only OpenVZ and few nodes. Virtualizor was very smooth and went as well as can be expected importing from SolusVM, but their tool to convert WHMCS orders was a major disaster.  From the opening of my ticket, it took them 2 weeks to get resolution.  All because I use node groups, that cannot be an uncommon thing to use, is it?  I think they must deal with a lot of majorly clueless customers, as it took me an entire day to even get them to acknowledge the issue.  After describing my problem in great detail and providing a step by step to recreate the issue, I had to retell my story at least 4 time in the ticket.  For the $1/mo extra it costs per node for SolusVM, they have Virtualizor beat hands down when it comes to support, but still miles behind cPanel.

As for the CentOS 7 issue, it is supposedly fixed in 2.7.1 which was to be released last night, so I see they fail at even giving an ETA

I am being very critical of Virtualizor here, I do like the features over SolusVM, such as nested VM's and sparse disk for KVM, but the support is so disappointing it is almost enough to make me think twice about spending any more time kicking the tires. Every issues seems like a battle with these people, and I don't care to fight with my vendors, I'd prefer to get actual help.

OnMichael

I've come to a standstill with Virtualizor and KVM, using Ubuntu I've run into a network blipping bug, but it is more related to the system than anything, known bug in the Intel 82574L Gigabit on an old SuperMicro X8 board, so tried CentOS 7 on an E3 based system, and the more I investigate Virtualizor, the more I realize this outfit is more like WHMCS and SolusVM in their early days, just throw shit together and wait for the bug reports. I firmly believe they do no real testing, and it worries me how they code, and what crap is waiting to manifest, but with CentOS 7 Virtualizor is unable to detect ram on the node and is unable to create a container because of it.

Their ability to backpedal would give anyone a run for the money, they are so quick to dish out BS to get you to go away it is almost commical.  My real goal is to get away from SolusVM now that OnApp is at the helm, these people are still only supporting CentOS 5 for their cloud package, they give @Francisco new meaning to the word soon.

I wonder what you consider quick and attentive support? I did an inplace conversion of my AcrosVM brand since it was only OpenVZ and few nodes. Virtualizor was very smooth and went as well as can be expected importing from SolusVM, but their tool to convert WHMCS orders was a major disaster.  From the opening of my ticket, it took them 2 weeks to get resolution.  All because I use node groups, that cannot be an uncommon thing to use, is it?  I think they must deal with a lot of majorly clueless customers, as it took me an entire day to even get them to acknowledge the issue.  After describing my problem in great detail and providing a step by step to recreate the issue, I had to retell my story at least 4 time in the ticket.  For the $1/mo extra it costs per node for SolusVM, they have Virtualizor beat hands down when it comes to support, but still miles behind cPanel.

As for the CentOS 7 issue, it is supposedly fixed in 2.7.1 which was to be released last night, so I see they fail at even giving an ETA

I am being very critical of Virtualizor here, I do like the features over SolusVM, such as nested VM's and sparse disk for KVM, but the support is so disappointing it is almost enough to make me think twice about spending any more time kicking the tires. Every issues seems like a battle with these people, and I don't care to fight with my vendors, I'd prefer to get actual help.
We are currently Supermicro X10 nodes with KVM and are not having any issues on Ubuntu 14.04 nor on CentOS 7, networking works fine on both operating systems, also system ressources will be detected without any problems. However, we have not tested OpenVZ at all (not on Virtualizor and not on SolusVM).

Since SolusVM is at OnApp you definitely "see" them working, Documentation is getting better and their website has been updated. Also the Screenshots of SolusVM2 are looking great but I didn't have any access to test SolusVM2 already. Since OnApp is at them, there is of course also a chance that pricing will change completely with SolusVM2 but as we do not have any real information lets just see what happens in future. Probably SolusVM2 is totally awesome and we will be switching to it, or they change to hilarous pricing and we will never think about them anymore ;-)

Just from our last tests we simply felt that the SolusVM offered WHMCS Plugin is not satisfying us and also the ModulesGarden Plugin was not completely perfect for us. The Virtualizor Plugin is just working and has all needed features from our side.

With quick support I mean that most likely we are just waiting a few minutes to hours and they were able to solve all issues/questions we had until now, so for us everything is perfect here currently.

IMHO, Virtualizor and SolusVM are both not fully perfect solutions but for just using KVM VPS (without Importing from other systems) with WHMCS i feel that Virtualizor is working better than SolusVM. Can't tell for other virtualization types such as OpenVZ.

Clouvider-Dom

Verified Provider
I know Solus is not looking the most beautiful but it's functional. Solus VM has recently been acquired by OnApp. I would recommend going for it and giving them a bit of time to improve the look and introduce new features.

OnApp has pumped in a lot of money in Solus recently and they will keep doing it to make the product better.

+1 for Solus.

Mayers

Verified Provider
I've been using Virtualizor since Jan of this year. I think it's pretty easy to use, never had a problem with it and I can fine everything with ease.

amuck-landowner