amuck-landowner

Any good SSH tutorials out there?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Topic has been moved to proper forums. 

The Tutorials and Guides Forum is for Tutorials and Guides, not questions requesting Tutorials and Guides.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Here is a very basic crashcourse I need to update:

And I also hope this isn't for you.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
It would be easier if you can tell us what you want to do and than we can recommend some specifics. SSH is a big term and there are literally thousands and thousands of tutorials for different type of things. 

- Daniel :)

Cloudrck

Verified Provider
I would start by actually learning what SSH is first. Than figure out what you want to do with it.

What you just ask is very broad, it's like asking for HTTP tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amitz

My wild guess would be that he is looking for a tutorial on how to use SSH to then reword it for his own knowledge base and therefore his customers. Let's hope that it will not just be a c&p job.

Well he could be just trying to increase his knowledge there's always stuff that you miss and don't know about.

fixidixi

about ssh?

$ ssh [your choice of words]
:rolleyes:

As others have also described you should figure out what would you like to do first.

But to be honest just realized your status as "Verified Provider" hence the jokes. Well if you are a provider to more than your buddies then you should:

• hire a fulltime tech to do the actual job
  • start learning stuff fast! probably best consider running a smaller dedicated box for friends with your own kiddie projects (i just mean only put stuff on it that has no problem is it breaks as its a learners playground) on the side..

amuck-landowner