amuck-landowner

Anybody using Tahoe-LAFS? How are you connecting to it?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I installed Tahoe-LAFS on 3 VPSs I had lying around to play with but I'm not getting how to utilize it for large data backups and such. I've uploaded a few files via the web GUI, but I'm trying to find a better way to backup hundreds of thousands of files that equal about 80GB. The SFTP and OwnCloud options look good but I'm looking for more options before I decide. So how are you using it? What do you use to connect to it? I'm interested in first hand experience and not links to tutorials online (I've seen them already ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

I didn't study it in detail but looked at it enough to conclude that it wasn't all that practical for what you're asking.  Take a look at tarsnap instead.

blergh

Verified Provider
I'd say pass. Tahoe is worthless for just about anything other than stating "oh look, it worked!"

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Thanks, I found a better use for it.

Anybody want 100GB of SFTP backup storage across multiple countries at $15/year (no bandwidth limits or caps)? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Munzy

What is a good use for tahoe-lafs? Is there any good distributed cluster storage on the market?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
@Munzy Super cheap storage. Unfortunately I'm starting to see the downside of it, slow upload speeds (~15Mbps is the max I can get over SFTP).

Munzy

I have been looking for a good clustered storage system for awhile. No luck for me.....

amuck-landowner