Anyone Use Elgg CMS here?

Discussion in 'Coding, Scripting & Programming' started by sz1hosting, Jun 25, 2014.

1. sz1hosting

sz1hosting New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Any opinion and thoughts news? Also are there any elgg enthusiasts here?

Heres my elgg community profile :

https://community.elgg.org/profile/sz1hosting

Let me know if you use anything else instead of elgg and other opinions on social CMS's etc and are you a elgg plugin maker?

Don't like elgg? What do you prefer?

2. perennate

perennate New Member Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    What is CMS? I thought it stood for content management system o-O

3. AMDbuilder

AMDbuilder Active Member Verified Provider

Jan 3, 2014
    The better question is do you want to know about our CMS choices (MODX Fan here) or our Social Network/Engine choices?  The two aren't the same unless they changed the meaning of CMS...

4. sz1hosting

sz1hosting New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    So that is a no then, i am working with some developer and we will be releasing a new social network CMS soon will post github links etc when it is released we are very excited about it, for now i am using elgg but soon will be using a cms me and other developers designed.

5. frixelsolutions

frixelsolutions New Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Elgg is a very powerful, flexible software, we have used it before on a client's site, however it does require some learning to theme well and customize. I don't personally see the point of working on another "social network" script, (I don't see how you can combine a CMS/content management system with a social network, but it would certainly be interesting), since Facebook has that very well covered, and if you're not going to use Elgg it's a very complex project that would cost a decent amount of money and take a fairly long amount of time to undertake if you are serious about it.

Kayaba Akihiko likes this.