amuck-landowner

Anyone use ThemeForest?

Mike

Verified Provider
Howdy,

I'm looking for a few themes and found that ThemeForest is pretty much the best place to look.

I'm wondering if anyone here uses them and if any themes have caught your eye recently?

I'm looking for a few themes, Wordpress or HTML that are hosting related, design related and tutorial related.

Any help would be appreciated :).

Thanks.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
I've used them quite a few times. They have some really good stuff, it's just slightly expensive for the better templates. But that's okay because generally it's all covered by the client for me.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I've bought one or two from there. Been happy with what I've got.

Find something you like and if the price is right, go for it.

Damian

Verified Provider
Yes, we've used a few ThemeForest things, and also things from GraphicRiver. All of these Envato sites tell you how many people have purchased the item; I like to sort by popularity ascending and look at the unpopular things first.

MCH-Phil

Verified Provider
I've definitely used them for more than a few projects and have been generally happy with the experience.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'd stay away from the 'Hosting Themes' and adapt some of their 'business' or other themes for what was needed.  Doesn't need a pricing table in the default theme to be good/used for a hosting company site. 

My $0.02 

Abdussamad

It's just overused themes that 99% are ripped and free on the Internet now.
WP themes on themeforest have to be GPL as in open source. It is one of the conditions of the GPL license under which WP itself is released. So can you elaborate on how they are ripped?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
WP themes on themeforest have to be GPL as in open source. It is one of the conditions of the GPL license under which WP itself is released. So can you elaborate on how they are ripped?
Unsure about the WP themes, but there has been on several occasions 'hosts' on WHT using ripped themes who were too dumb or lazy to remove the HTTrack header/footer messages from where they ripped the themes themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunim

VPS Junkie
Only the PHP is GPL for most themes, it seems images and java-script aren't, but there is a 100% GPL option.

Makes me think of telephone ripping my looking glass.

Last edited by a moderator:

netnub

I have like 6 themes from them for backend admin and just got one for front-end for a project I've been hired to do.

concerto49

Verified Provider
It's ok. Some aren't that bad. However a theme being a theme on a popular site, it'll be used everywhere.

dAgent

code - yes. graphics and css doesn't have and isn't GPL, meaning you're still stealing if you didn't pay the license fee

bizzard

I use themeforest for the HTML templates, since they are somewhat cheap, considering the time we invest to develop one. But, prefer to do the work of converting such templates to wordpress, even if a wordpress theme is available. Most of the themes are filled with lots of features, most of them of no use, making it complex.

amuck-landowner