amuck-landowner

Are the days gone that it's hard to get a buyvm box?

Holoshed

Second that. You are one of three providers where I commit important things to.
That is 100% correct, even I am using their services for other businesses used on a production scale. They are wonderful at what they do and I know so many people see that and respect them for it.

earl

Maybe I'm missing something but buyvm128/256 is still sold out... at least on their website

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Anyone able to tell me how good the routing to EU is?

Limited testing out of Buffalo seemed alright to Europe.  I care about UK and that was oh, 80+ ms.  I expect experiences will differ based on your European endpoint endstreams though.  Buffalo traffic lately loves using transit that isn't the best.

Buffalow network isn't per se bad, just flaky due to the upstreams moving most of the traffic.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Maybe I'm missing something but buyvm128/256 is still sold out... at least on their website
http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/

Shows everyone out of stock....  Intentional stock pull back?  Know I saw a bunch of stuff a few days ago.

Me, I jumped on a 256MB plan in Vegas for the DDoS protection a few months ago.  Mothballed/idle because they have been even recently a pain to get hold of.

jcaleb

http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/ Shows everyone out of stock.... Intentional stock pull back? Know I saw a bunch of stuff a few days ago. Me, I jumped on a 256MB plan in Vegas for the DDoS protection a few months ago. Mothballed/idle because they have been even recently a pain to get hold of.
this.  it's still not easy to geta box from them, but not that hard compared before.  where hundreds of people waiting in IRC for stock, and once stocked, sold out in 2 minutes.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
this.  it's still not easy to geta box from them, but not that hard compared before.  where hundreds of people waiting in IRC for stock, and once stocked, sold out in 2 minutes.
We used to have a different way of handling signups. We used to accept everyone and ald would get around to auditing all the signups within a week. It was brutal on him. With the new stallion 2 billing system coming into place it'll be laxing a lot of Aldryic's policies since he'll have stronger ways of doing auditing w/o being so strict.

We fully intend to get us as close to a 'cloud like' billing as possible. This means easy signups w/ minimal issues (assuming details aren't 100% off the rocker) as well as addons. All addons will be controlled within a tab on each vserver. You'll be able to order IP's, disk space, upgrade/downgrade, & cancel all in a single, simple, page.

We're unloaded since we don't have enough filtered ip's to complete new orders, we're just pending an invoice from CN to push another /24.

jcaleb

We fully intend to get us as close to a 'cloud like' billing as possible. This means easy signups w/ minimal issues (assuming details aren't 100% off the rocker) as well as addons. All addons will be controlled within a tab on each vserver. You'll be able to order IP's, disk space, upgrade/downgrade, & cancel all in a single, simple, page.
do you mean ordering/billing is not whmcs anymore?  it is included in stallion 2?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
do you mean ordering/billing is not whmcs anymore? it is included in stallion 2?
Not yet, but it will be. After tonight's launch I'll be getting started on writing support and billing modules for S2.. once all that's finished, we'll be moving away from WHMCS completely.

Master Bo

Well, at least the tradition of seeing 'Out of stock' is still in effect.

Good luck with whatever changes you plan.

jcaleb

Not yet, but it will be. After tonight's launch I'll be getting started on writing support and billing modules for S2.. once all that's finished, we'll be moving away from WHMCS completely.
That would be nice as we could request features on UI that will be helpful to us.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Well, at least the tradition of seeing 'Out of stock' is still in effect.
Just while we're waiting on CNServers to bind another /24... we didn't want to risk running out of Filtered IPs and having to either make people wait to get setup or have to issue out refunds. Soon as that gets squared away I'll be restocking :p

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That would be nice as we could request features on UI that will be helpful to us.
Hah, yup, exactly. Doing backend stuff for WHMCS isn't all that bad, they actually have a fairly decent API setup and the DB structure is real easy to get familiar with. I just _HATE_ dealing with Smarty/etc or having to hack together fixes for UI/frontend... especially when I can't even see the source of what I'm working with -_-;

ihatetonyy

Personally I don't see us closing the Buffalo location short of CC tripling our price or something. If we ever 'moved' it, it would be moved to NJ or actual NY.

What is more than likely to happen is we'll just open a 2nd East coast location, as well as a Europe location. Europe is postponed some, though, because of all the projects going on.

Francisco
A BuyVM invasion of NYC would be nice..

jcaleb

Hah, yup, exactly. Doing backend stuff for WHMCS isn't all that bad, they actually have a fairly decent API setup and the DB structure is real easy to get familiar with. I just _HATE_ dealing with Smarty/etc or having to hack together fixes for UI/frontend... especially when I can't even see the source of what I'm working with ;
actually, the only feature i want from billing is to remove from my list all my cancelled service. it clutters the UI =)

amuck-landowner