amuck-landowner

ASYD - System deployment

William

pr0
Verified Provider
We would like to introduce ASYD, i hope i used the correct forum - it's open source so should fit.

ASYD is an automation system for the deployment of IT infrastructure and server monitoring, similar to Puppet and Chef (plus additional functions)

It is powerful and agentless (only needs SSH) as well as fully opensource, it comes with an integrated web interface making it even easier to manage and visualize all your systems. ASYD also offers server monitoring (via Monit) and automatic recovering of services (based on Monit also), which makes it the perfect all in one solution for managing your entire infrastructure.

With ASYD, system administrators can easily install software, updates, manage settings, or monitor the status of their servers on a comprehensive, quick and easy way, without requiring any programming skills, just a basic knowledge of shell scripting and a fancy webinterface.

Reading the entire documentation doesn't takes more than 10 minutes, and writing deploys for automating your systems is just as easy. Thanks to the variables and conditionals, you just need to write a single deploy which will work on any kind of system (BSD+Linux+SUSE+others), and with our custom syntax you can do all that in just a few lines.

You can see more info or get it in our website, www.asyd.eu

We would also love to get some feedback :)

Album with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/vdN8X

Disclosure: i am affiliated with ASYD Solutions S.L.

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Continues to look interesting.

Hopefully ill get around to trying it one day.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
No SSH keys?
ASYD generates a key pair (or imports one) at first opening - The root password is only needed for initial connection to the host, after that all connections run over the private key stored in ASYD (pub is written in .ssh/authorized_keys on host). Key auth without password will be very shortly implemented :)

Security audited?
No, currently not, it's on my list but not really worth right now while it is still much changing

PS: If you use Freenode IRC (where also #vpsboard is located) you can also join #asyd :).

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You can see more info or get it in our website, www.asyd.eu

We would also love to get some feedback :)

Album with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/vdN8X

Disclosure: i am affiliated with ASYD Solutions S.L.
1. Thank you @William !

2. What specs do I need to run this?  Recommended?

3. Debian install:

apt-get update && apt-get install -y ruby1.9.1-full ruby1.9.1-dev git libxslt-dev libxml2-dev libsqlite3-dev make

gem install bundler

git clone https://github.com/AsydSolutions/asyd.git

cd asyd

bundle install

passenger start

Then what happens, do I need to do web server config or will that have it's own server and all going?

Choms

Hi @drmike :)

The requirements are quite low, I would recommend at least 256mb ram, in any case ASYD scales accordingly to the available memory (thus more memory means it can deploy more systems in parallel)

Yea, it launches it's own webserver via Passenger, it will listen on port 3000 :)

Cheers!

amuck-landowner