amuck-landowner

[AUCTION] Dedicated - Atom D525 / 4GB RAM / 64GB SSD / 750GB HDD / 2TB / 1Gbps

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So, you start a thread for LET, let them bid it up from $7 then hop over here and post this where the bidding has fizzled.

It's an interesting offer.   Do you have just one of these or more?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
RIght on MartinD.  

Continuum really is suitable for the low end though.  Network mix looks good.  The prices on colo $39 for 10Mbps, $99 for 100Mbps.  Full cabinet at $499 a month... 

Well, surprised they aren't the second most favored low end facility.  Then again, FDC is oddly missing from the low end sites too :)

Unsure what Continuum has upstream port speed wise, but had been limited to something not very high in the recent past.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The problem with Continuum is... well, where do you start.

The staff rarely answer questions in any kind of reasonable time frame. The technical staff appear to be void of any real-world technical knowledge or experience. The network is awful.. really, properly awful. 'Tom' is painfully ignorant with what I expect is some kind of narcolepsy.

You just have to look at the issues they're having over on WHT at the moment with huge amounts of packet loss.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread... but yeah, had to get that off my chest! :)

serverian

Verified Provider
The problem with Continuum is... well, where do you start.

The staff rarely answer questions in any kind of reasonable time frame. The technical staff appear to be void of any real-world technical knowledge or experience. The network is awful.. really, properly awful. 'Tom' is painfully ignorant with what I expect is some kind of narcolepsy.

You just have to look at the issues they're having over on WHT at the moment with huge amounts of packet loss.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread... but yeah, had to get that off my chest! :)
Well, I disagree.

They reply to my tickets within minutes and get them solved within the first hour usually. They do have emergency phone support that connects you directly to the technician/engineer as well.

Their network, well, their mix is not bad. However, the issue is their total upstream is about 10Gbps. So, when someone gets DDoS like 3-4Gbps, this saturates their uplink and packet losses happen. Other than that, here is my uptime taken from nodeping: Uptime for last 30 days: 99.904%

serverian

Verified Provider
So, you start a thread for LET, let them bid it up from $7 then hop over here and post this where the bidding has fizzled.

It's an interesting offer.   Do you have just one of these or more?
Only one. However, I can get more of these if there is an interest.

Just thought i'd point that out.

I'm definitely interested. How does the SSD perform?
I'll look into this and let you know. The system does not have an OS at the moment. I need to install one and test it.

serverian

Verified Provider
Just ran a dd test on the ssd. It looks slow.

root@atom:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.3231 s, 94.8 MB/s

Seems, it's designed that way: http://www.crucial.com/pdf/Tech_specs-letter_Crucial_m4_ssd_v3-11-11_online.pdf

Read speed is nice, though.

Edit: ioping IOPS

root@atom:~/ioping-0.6# ./ioping -RD .

--- . (ext4 /dev/disk/by-uuid/50fe0507-c49c-437c-98e1-f451f11e13c2) ioping statistics ---

8457 requests completed in 3000.3 ms, 4412 iops, 17.2 mb/s

min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/0.2/1.1/0.0 ms

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner