amuck-landowner

Average cPanel VPS license cost?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Hi,

Just a quick one:

What would you say was the average cost per cPanel VPS Optimized license from a provider? $10? $13? 

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
I guess its usually between $10-15, some luck you can find them for $5-7.50 with popular managed vps hosts

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I guess its usually between $10-15, some luck you can find them for $5-7.50 with popular managed vps hosts
They're just eating some of the cost since they charge plenty on the VPS itself.

From what I've heard cPanel has been renegotiating everyone's contracts and bumping their prices into new brackets.

Singlehop still does cheap licenses but they could be subsidizing it with the cost of the dedicated.

Francisco

Kruno

Verified Provider
$11/m is the cheapest you can get from cPanel INC directly on 200+ licenses(VPS). It's a new price, not sure what happens with old customers on the old pricing though. 

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
$9.72 with us.
This is a question about a global average, not so much a place to plug your own cPanel prices. Though they are good :) Anyway, I'd say the average price I've seen with LEB companies is about $12/mo. With the bigger companies, it can get up to around $25/mo. Averaged altogether, I'd say maybe $15-17/mo. If you see lower than $12, it's usually subsidized somehow.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
I think chicagovps did like $7 at one point on leb .

This is a question about a global average, not so much a place to plug your own cPanel prices. Though they are good :) Anyway, I'd say the average price I've seen with LEB companies is about $12/mo. With the bigger companies, it can get up to around $25/mo. Averaged altogether, I'd say maybe $15-17/mo. If you see lower than $12, it's usually subsidized somehow.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
That is correct!  Oh well I could of expected people listing there prices.

Thanks everyone for your contributions on deciding the average price..

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The average cost will be $14-$20 bracket if you take the majority into this.  The hosting world is bigger than many people choose to see sometimes and up to $20 is really not that uncommon.

That said, it really depends on how people want to absorb some of the cost to make it more attractive.  Rocketvps for example charge $8.50 and if you use their rocket35life coupon it applies to cPanel too so it reduces it down to $5.50.  Then of course there are those who bundle it for "free".

If you need an external licence then hostdime for $14.

Anyway, why an average?

kunnu

Verified Provider
You can get cpanel license from your DC at cheap cost, I have a 1 cpanel license and I pay $8/m.

amuck-landowner