amuck-landowner

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
That seems to be the problem though. If they use more force then the 'racist' card will be pulled... yet again. Can't really win.

I say send over a few hundred angry Scotsmen.

Edit: I'm watching that live feed, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
National guard there yet?

Also lol, they stole police horses, wtf
National Guard is there. They seem to be holding the fort down at City Hall and protecting such important places as Five Guys Burgers and Fries... lol!

k9sB8T8.jpg

2wdF0iN.jpg

I've not seen them utilized yet in the actual riot areas though.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
National Guard is there. They seem to be holding the fort down at City Hall and protecting such important places as Five Guys Burgers and Fries... lol!

k9sB8T8.jpg

2wdF0iN.jpg

I've not seen them utilized yet in the actual riot areas though.
National Guard was patrolling the streets last night post-curfew in Humvees.  They had a dozen or two Humvees out.  Was a big parade of them down the highway at approximately 11:30PM.

In related news, Ferguson, Missouri, flared up last night to show their support of Baltimore and two were shot.  That hit newswires around 1AM local time in Ferguson last night.

There was an entire lack of rioting last night in Baltimore.  Around 10:15PM local time lingerers lit fireworks and aimed them at police lines.  After a bit of that police shot pepper ball rounds which hit the ground and sparked all over and the area got pretty smokey for a bit.  Other than that it was bottle and rock tossing with the police shields.

MSNBC's reporter on site went loco and put his contamination mask on and theatrics.    Foxnews had it's continued grainy coverage shot with a 2 megapixel webcam (well looks like it quality wise). 

I really wish more local TV stations live-streamed.  

In all Baltimore will end up with Guard on reserve for next two weeks.  Don't be surprised to see release in the case Friday (which would be damn stupid and set off rioting mASSES all weekend) and next Tuesday on the Gray death and reports about what happened.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that the deceased Mr. Freddie Gray in weeks preceding his death had undergone spinal surgery.  If so would explain spinal issues, but I'd expect people involved to notice healing wounds and surgery work.

Gray and his siblings appear to be part of a large lawsuit about their health and exposure to lead paint.   Said he was developmentally challenged due to the toxicity. He and siblings had a settlement (read insurance paid them) over the lead paint matter.  

Similarly rumored his mother had a well defined heroin problem that likely contributed to his developmental problems.

I'll say it again,  your town / neighborhood goes to this level of shit, being a non invested renter, take your rent money and move elsewhere.  Never will understand people with no real binding ties continuing to exist in said lacking environments and blaming everyone else.  Can't change things in a place like Baltimore no matter how hard you try, no matter how defiant, no matter how determined.   Too much crime, too much poverty, too few people with any sense.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yea, move to Detroit!
Detroit gets a well deserved bad rap :)   Detroit-like conditions exist throughput much of the Rust Belt - former blue collar industrial cities in the US. 

Problem remains in the US that there is a real lack of middle class African Americans.  Cities sensible white folks with jobs, careers and life goals abandoned after the 1960's MLK riots.  Now those cities in most places are virtual quarantines zone for the poverty stricken types that lack dignity.

Detroit is real nice:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/04/29/man-ok-shot-times-detroit/26560763/

Man OK after being shot at 50 times in Detroit

Detroit and Baltimore has similar demographics and issues.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I quite like this image though...

11018131_733248687839_542403459678708605_n.jpg
Look at the old heads in the streets.    They can't get enough adults out there.

Livestream for those curious.

It's 10AM and they're still or already throwing rocks.

Any idea what is going on in the Live Stream?

Youths throwing masses of stuff and hitting police shields with it... Time for police to beat the F' out of them and that's it. Cameras are rolling.  Evidence on the tapes.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Look at the old heads in the streets.    They can't get enough adults out there.

Any idea what is going on in the Live Stream?

Youths throwing masses of stuff and hitting police shields with it... Time for police to beat the F' out of them and that's it. Cameras are rolling.  Evidence on the tapes.
watching here:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Police just went mobile on foot.  Crowd of rock throwers took off. 

Someone is going to get it toying with people like they are.  

Police / military guys in camo / fatigues out of a van now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
and the teens - hundreds of them - are back to throwing stuff at police.

They should tear gas these kids.

Folks should tune in now.  Police running again at crowd.

... multiple reporters injured.... by the rioters....  one reporter beat down by the youths... Other hit in the head with a big piece of crumbling city infrastructure.

and looks like the fools entirely destroyed a 6ft+ steel perimeter fence... mangled.

There is an officer down.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
... they just brought militarized vehicle into the area... 

hoodlums threw masses of stuff at it...

Someone set something on fire in street.  This is about to go off...

Side street residential area where rioters retreated to is smoke filled.

Main road intersection is littered with thrown debris.

... coppers getting pelted with rocks and bottles AGAIN.

... and I just saw a little fucker straight throw rock at reporter from 25ft away.

Reporters should be wearing vests for ammo protection and proper helmets... stupid asses.

... and they just hit a passing vehicle and the driver - police just went ape shit....

suddenly there is a caravan of cars....  Pastors maybe? between police and rioters.

... heavy rock throwing and police marching towards it.  When someone rioting here now dies or gets injured, they pretty much earned it and have ample time and space to leave.

... police rushing on foot in formation now whole block... rioters at big 4 way intersection tossing more crap.

10 more minutes of this and PD is going to bum rush the assholes.  Enough already of this tolerance.   A bunch of white vans cut the police line... Seems like mass arrests about to happen.

Motorists at 4 way intersection getting engaged by rioters now.... ugly.

Police on march crossing the major intersection now... shit being thrown in mass.

Police sprayed some pepper spray from front line now..

Police formation all messed up - now retreating back across intersection.

Ideally we see aholes rioting get ran over by a bus full of nuns.

... police have secured that intersection - shut down car traffic... pushing up block on other side with a reduced formation.  (THEY NEED MORE OFFICERS).  Front line is all loose and disjointed at moment and hoods have lit garbage in street... one can only.    Chopper now overhead.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Station military at the town's borders, assist anyone who wants to leave, come back when they're done killing each other. This isn't how civilized democracy works, but the problem will solve itself if we simply declare the city a disaster zone and let them do their thing. I'll gladly donate toward any local businesses or families that want to relocate, I'm sure others will as well.

People do bad things, it happens. Life isn't always fair. There are ways that we handle these realities. Looting and violence in the streets of a civilized democratic republic is NOT how we handle things.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Turns out that RT video actually was from Monday.

Probably after school let out....  So that was the first major batch of ugly - prior to Guard coming out and curfew..

Yeah coppers on Monday took an incredible amount of stuff thrown at that.  Clearly the Mayor and Police Chief told them to stand down.    I am no fan of policing in the US.   But when you go throwing stuff at anyone and causing destruction, you deserve to have ample force applied to you - be that getting beaten into compliance or being shot - it's how we deal with barbarians.

Mayers

Verified Provider
I have a few family members down in Baltimore, had to call to make sure everyone was ok and they were thank god. It's really sad to see something like that happen. I have no problem with a peaceful protest but when it turns into a riot like that it's a problem. Using violence to make a point isn't the way it goes.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Key word is protest... That's not people showing their teeth and screaming f' the police followed by some brickings..

My goodness, don't these savages get that even threatening an officer is a crime.  This weekend I am buying more shotguns and ammos... Screw folks like that... 

Also re-watched video from bar on Sunday where roaming rioters went ape and threw tons at people outside bar and the bar itself.   Saw a guy jack a coat off a white guy tangled in brawl.  Then saw the same ape robbing three women in a photo thereafter. Yeah I called that human an ape.  

Baltimore PD needs to identify these aholes and bring them to face charges.  

amuck-landowner