amuck-landowner

Barracuda

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
@HN-Matt: they never answered to any of my delisting requests, but the IPs were always delisted...

So try this, send another delisting request saying the malicious account that was sending out spam was removed from your network.

Hopefully this will work for you.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
But there was no malicious account sending out spam. You think that if I pretend otherwise, I'll have a better chance? Seems ridiculous, haha.

"Oh, sorry, no, this blatant false positive here was, uhh... 'actual spam'... yeah. Nothing wrong with the way you handle things, just gonna pretend that the IP was spamming all along, even though it wasn't. To appease your dumb ego or something, cheers."

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
@HN-Matt that's what worked for me when asking for delisting from them, so it should work for you as well... but then again who knows... let us know how it went :D

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Hey, I even got a captcha perfectly describing their level of service:

n1nMVdf.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
No need, I have lots. A quick DNS update away. Explicitly chose not to switch to a different IP from the start to flesh out how ridiculous it could get.

For the cherry on top, I  by one of their ugly banners yesterday:

zjpUXmv.gif

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
tl;dr lol @ anyone who Actually Uses Barracuda Central For Anything At All. The End.

(mods can close this thread, nothing more to do)

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Unsure why thread hasn't been closed yet so one more Useless-And-Amusing update. I used a Gmail account to reach out to Barracuda through http://barracudacentral.org/contact toward the end of June and, as with every other time, did not hear back from them. Today, upon looking in my spam folder for the first time in a couple weeks, I found an auto-response from "[email protected]" titled "Thank you for contacting BarracudaCentral.org" dated June 25th, 2015. I've never received an email from them before, so it wasn't me who filtered it as spam.

In closing, I don't really know much about the world of spam fighting from the perspective of blacklist manipulation, but if your business is maintaining a RBL and Gmail is automatically marking the email you send as spam, you're probably doing something wrong...

mitgib

Verified Provider
In closing, I don't really know much about the world of spam fighting from the perspective of blacklist manipulation, but if your business is maintaining a RBL and Gmail is automatically marking the email you send as spam, you're probably doing something wrong...

Gmail takes anal to a new level when it comes to SPF records and making it to the inbox

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Belated followup / proof of concept: I switched IP addresses without modifying any other DNS entries some time ago and the server is 'simply no longer on the blacklist' as a result.

The original non-offending IP, now completely inactive, is still incoherently listed.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
e092b924f653ecb4b551cf573e1757cf.png

amuck-landowner