amuck-landowner

BBB alternative for hosting industry

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Yes some of it is complicated, based from complaints, potential for issues. But you start and try and perfect as you go :)
@ as you may have noticed, I like to mix it with a bit of humor here and there. Seriously do, I have a few ideas how to do this. I'll PM you. It's an open forum and *anyone* can read it, you know... :lol:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Humor is good @Marc M.   like some of the videos :)  Biebs, ahh well... Not me cup'o tea.

Feel free to PM me.  Open to discussions and ideas.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I smell corruption and "highest bidder gets best rating" :)
As long as you can oust this ^ then it can work. You need a nice dispute process too if a provider is listed without a chance to dispute their innocence.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I think it would a good idea. But the issue would be how to get the provider to answer for their issues? A rating system is awesome, A+ through F- and the shields for their sites would be awesome as well. Make a nice image that shows something like what the BBB does. Have a page for each provider with the information for the provider.

I'd think it'd work out as long as EVERYONE is able to have their site on there with no fees or low fee's. The BBB is a little expensive for my liking... Especially for what they "provide"...

SeriesN

Verified Provider
And as others have said, probably not run by providers/those in the hosting industry.
This will be something for the providers and I don't see how elected providers won't be able to manage this? Reminds me of my good Ol college SGA days.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Unlike BBB, this won't require huge offices or such. So may be a one-time registration fee on top of a small monthly fee sounds good. Hey, it worked for other committees and groups.

I think it would a good idea. But the issue would be how to get the provider to answer for their issues? A rating system is awesome, A+ through F- and the shields for their sites would be awesome as well. Make a nice image that shows something like what the BBB does. Have a page for each provider with the information for the provider.

I'd think it'd work out as long as EVERYONE is able to have their site on there with no fees or low fee's. The BBB is a little expensive for my liking... Especially for what they "provide"...

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Any idea what the current/recent BBB rates are for annual membership?
I was told recently that it was something along the lines of $150 or something. I know they offer a monthly payment plan but you have to have been in business for a year and be "approved". I can find out more tomorrow when their office is open. I'm sure it is the price I said above...

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Is that monthly or yearly?

I was told recently that it was something along the lines of $150 or something. I know they offer a monthly payment plan but you have to have been in business for a year and be "approved". I can find out more tomorrow when their office is open. I'm sure it is the price I said above...

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
The price was yearly. But they offer a monthly payment plan to pay off the $150 or however much it was.

I'll find out more tomorrow.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BBB Accreditation Fee Schedule

[SIZE=8pt]Number of Employees[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=8pt]2011 Annual Dues[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=8pt]Per-Month Rate for ACH Monthly Pay Plan[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]1-3[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$405[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]33.75[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]4-10[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$445[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]37.08[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]11-20[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$470[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]39.17[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]21-50[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$525[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]43.75[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]51-100[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$595[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]49.58[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]101-200[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$760[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]63.33[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]201-399[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$1,075[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]89.58[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]400-499[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$1,320[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]110.00[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]500-1,000[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$1,755[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]146.25[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]1,001-1,500[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$2,410[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]200.83[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]1,500 +[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]$3,500[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]291.67[/SIZE]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Bo

As far as I know, BBB-like approach simply won't work. It will be yet another good review/bad reviewstand, nothing more.

Nothing can change eprsonal experience. I know several people whose reviews I can trust, that's enough for me. All the rest - only 'buy, try, review' approach would work.

Sometimes I thought about 'anonymous testers', who would buy an account at hoster to review, test it for considerable time (all aspects - support quality, stability, security etc), but it takes too much time and is rather an expensive endeavor.

The above kind of testing, by reliable persons, would be the ideal means to select trusted hosters. JMNSHO.

amuck-landowner