amuck-landowner

Best place to find coders?

drov

I am a web developer and have a vast network of developers in all languages. I look to them when work comes along.

I can refer some to you if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hiring depends.  Depends on what role you are in and what you are looking to hire.

I prefer to deal with known to me people first.  That would be in real life regional people in my peer group.  Second, I consider online connections.  Finally, everything else.

Craigslist can be alright for regional.   

The everything else is probably best with Odesk at current.

This is a good read on hiring programmers in particular:

http://blog.codinghorror.com/how-to-hire-a-programmer/

libro22

If you don't mind hiring non US/EU coders, odesk.com is extensively promoting themselves in SEAsia so you may find a lot of options there.

comXyz

What kind of project is it? What language? You can look for good programmers in programming forums.

Tyler

Try elance, I mean they all are the same anyways.
Could not be further from the truth. A good developer vs a bad developer will make the world of a difference. Great developers can help make the project a success, and bad ones can kill the project.

Do your research. I would recommend guys on industry forums - it shows that they're learning and at the top of their game. 

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Good coders? Hah!  It's like finding a unicorn...at least in my experience.

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
I wouldn't trust people from fiverr, elance, freelancer, etc with a serious coding project.

You should look for companies in your city/country, companies that you can actually meet face to face and discuss the project, terms, deadlines, concerns, etc.

fixidixi

0. question: #define good developer

The golden triangle:

-precise, "makes it right"

-fast

-cheap

you can choose 2 of those traits :)

amuck-landowner