amuck-landowner

(BETA TESTING) 256mb IPv6-only OpenVZ in Los Angeles for $1/month!

Damian

Verified Provider
Some of you have heard me discuss IPv6-only OpenVZ VMs in Quadranet for quite some time. Soon is Now®, and they're now available.

I would appreciate your help in testing things out.

The offer:

256mb v6 Only Beta Test

256mb of RAM

0mb of vSwap

4 gigabytes of disk space

100 gigabytes transfer @ 100mbit

0 IPv4 addresses

20 IPv6 addresses*, more available with justification**

OpenVZ

Quadranet, Los Angeles datacenter

$1 per month: https://billingcp.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=111&carttpl=cart3&systpl=ipx3

As this is being signified as a "beta test", expect that things may go wrong. We'll be there to fix them, of course, but this isn't the best place to put your only copy of photos of your grandparents.

* = the IPs are assigned from a random pool, and are assigned as individual /128's. We cannot comply with requests for specific addresses. I hope to have proper /123 or /124 (or other size blocks) assignment capabilities implemented by March-ish of next year.

** = "I want more because I want to have more" is not valid justification.

lbft

Does this have NAT IPv4 or is it pure IPv6 only?

Last edited by a moderator:

adly

It might be prudent to ensure your sites are IPv6 enabled if you're selling IPv6 only services. ipxcore.com and billingcp.us have no AAAA records, and thus aren't reachable by IPv6.  ;)

Damian

Verified Provider
Does this have NAT IPv4 or is it pure IPv6 only?
It's pure IPv6 only at the moment. Depending on how many people are interested in it, we may offer to NAT SSH access only.

It might be prudent to ensure your sites are IPv6 enabled if you're selling IPv6 only services. ipxcore.com and billingcp.us have no AAAA records, and thus aren't reachable by IPv6.  ;)
Hmm, that's a good idea isn't it. We'll have to look into moving our website and billing out of CC.

johnlth93

It's pure IPv6 only at the moment. Depending on how many people are interested in it, we may offer to NAT SSH access only.

Hmm, that's a good idea isn't it. We'll have to look into moving our website and billing out of CC.
It would be a lot better if it allow NAT ipv4 to access at least the SSH :)

By the way, does the "BETA" mean that it is going to be a bad idea to put a production service on it even if it's one of the pool of redundant?

-edit-

Doesn't seem to accept my paypal payment

"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now"

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Verified Provider
It would be a lot better if it allow NAT ipv4 to access at least the SSH :)

By the way, does the "BETA" mean that it is going to be a bad idea to put a production service on it even if it's one of the pool of redundant?
NAT'd IPv4 SSH is something I hope to begin implementing this weekend.

Beta means that we've put it in place, we've tested it to our abilities, but we don't know how are customers are going to use it so customers might break it in unique ways, and that we're not going to accept "LOSING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" support tickets on  the product yet. In other words, we're being up front that we've tested it, but it may still break, and we'll be here to fix it.

Native ipv6 or tunnled?
Native.

johnlth93

NAT'd IPv4 SSH is something I hope to begin implementing this weekend.

Beta means that we've put it in place, we've tested it to our abilities, but we don't know how are customers are going to use it so customers might break it in unique ways, and that we're not going to accept "LOSING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" support tickets on  the product yet. In other words, we're being up front that we've tested it, but it may still break, and we'll be here to fix it.

Native.
I just got the payment through paypal and i just notice this.

This IPv6-only really is "IPv6-Only"

I can't update software with dot-deb repo without IPv4 ... Though this is kinda like LES but seem like it isn't.

Is this intentional? Totally no ipv4 outgoing or will be added along with the NAT'd SSH?

Damian

Verified Provider
I just got the payment through paypal and i just notice this.

This IPv6-only really is "IPv6-Only"

I can't update software with dot-deb repo without IPv4 ... Though this is kinda like LES but seem like it isn't.

Is this intentional? Totally no ipv4 outgoing or will be added along with the NAT'd SSH?
No IPv4 whatsoever. You may want to get in touch with dotdeb and ask them to get on the IPv6 bandwagon.. though I doubt complaining will move them enough to implement it.

adly

No IPv4 whatsoever. You may want to get in touch with dotdeb and ask them to get on the IPv6 bandwagon.. though I doubt complaining will move them enough to implement it.
Not sure what mirror the guy is using, but there are Dotdeb mirrors which support IPv6. The Sweden mirror claims to and US Borgnet mirror does, off the top of my head.

johnlth93

- can't edit a post?? -

Anyway, can this vps be transferred?

I would like to give mine to someone else who is interested in this.

I bought this yesterday and i have no use of it since it doesn't have ipv4 outgoing (to update packages etc)

Let me know if this can be transferred and i will see if anyone wanted this.

wlanboy

Content Contributer

Damian

Verified Provider
- can't edit a post?? -

Anyway, can this vps be transferred?

I would like to give mine to someone else who is interested in this.

I bought this yesterday and i have no use of it since it doesn't have ipv4 outgoing (to update packages etc)

Let me know if this can be transferred and i will see if anyone wanted this.
It's a dollar. I don't really want to spend the time and effort to transfer a dollar service to someone else.

ipv4 isn't needed to update packages. I tested with apt-get update; apt-get upgrade and it worked fine. 

Damian

Verified Provider
@Damian: when will beta end?

How about node specs? Raid?
We might end up cancelling the plan and using the server for something else. We've had eight people sign up, and so far 5 of them have put in cancellation requests because they didn't understand what they were purchasing.

Despite the incessant bitching that datacenters don't have IPv6, I guess it's now been proven that no one cares about IPv6, as no one seems to be interested in an IPv6 product.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Despite the incessant bitching that datacenters don't have IPv6, I guess it's now been proven that no one cares about IPv6, as no one seems to be interested in an IPv6 product.
Don't say that ipv6 only products don't have possible customers.

I would have bought one if:

• 4 gigabytes of disk space <-- bad - I would need at least 10GB to live
  • Quadranet, Los Angeles <-- wrong side of the U.S.
Add some disc space and offer that in [Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Jacksonville, New Jersey] and I will buy one.

amuck-landowner