amuck-landowner

Black Friday and Cyber Monday predicitions.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The above was funny.... Then I just looked and RamNode is a special on LEB:

$13.92/year 128MB SSD OpenVZ and more in Atlanta, Seattle, and Amsterdam

The compares to prior offers at $15.60 and $14.88 for seemingly the same offering.  Well this has 10GB of disk vs. 5GB in the prior offers.

Still crazy pricing if you ask me.

earl

Was really looking forward to spending a lot of money today, but really could not find a decent deal.. the best was $50 credit for DO..

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wait I got it.

I know what we are going to see amongst that pile... Well were until I went ruining it :)

An offer from the B2Net hosting mafia... You know, Aim2Game, SSDVPS, etc.   Annual plan(s).
Like I said.... Black Friday offer from.... Servermania which is the new operating name for B2Net... Same company that owns the other brands that are constant ad spam on LEB --- Aim2Game, SSDVPS, etc.

See: http://lowendbox.com/blog/black-friday-servermania-7month-1gb-xen-hvm-windows-vps-in-los-angeles-and-buffalo/

Do I call them or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Kind of surprised LEB doesn't have "Buffalo" as a permanent link in locations. Maybe confusion or perhaps they're ashamed of Buffalo.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Kind of surprised LEB doesn't have "Buffalo" as a permanent link in locations. Maybe confusion or perhaps they're ashamed of Buffalo.
They can't / won't top link in the geography section to Buffalo as there is literally no top level random shopper in their right mind shopping for services in Buffalo.

It is only through cut throat unreal expectations per dollar that things look favorable in Buffalo.   Usually a multiple prong compromise...  Based on cost, perceived loss in case of provider failure / balancing downtime vs. dollars spent.

It continues to be wrong headed over there with offers.  5 Friday offers,   2 of them = ColoCrossing = 40%.  Lower than running monthly average but still higher than reality reflects on provider distribution.

amuck-landowner