amuck-landowner

BlueVM sold / change of ownership? (UPDATE 5/14: Now owned by ChicagoVPS)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've not forgotten.

@CVPS_Chris , why have you not informed the bluevm customers yet? I still haven't received an email regarding the change of ownership. Do you plan on telling the customers?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I saw ChicagoVPS Google ads earlier today.  They are pushing an ad for Cheap VPS @ $4.95 a month... really not good targeting and that is going to bleed them.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Have customers been informed of any of this yet? I still haven't received an email myself. Anyone else?

telephone

Have customers been informed of any of this yet? I still haven't received an email myself. Anyone else?
Who'd want to advertise that they can't keep nodes online and have no support? We'll get an announcement once everything is 99%, and CVPS will claim it only took 1 day after their takeover to fix everything  :p.

Chris will walk on water, as he sends a declaration upon stone tablet that BlueVM was dead, but now it has risen. A miracle that only took 3 days. 

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Have customers been informed of any of this yet? I still haven't received an email ....

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Have customers been informed of any of this yet? I still haven't received an email ....
The domain WHOIS hasn't even been changed yet and the website (and the terms of service) still says "BlueVM Communications LLC" (a company that was dissolved by the Colorado SOS and no longer exists).  LowEndProfessionalism at its best...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The domain WHOIS hasn't even been changed yet and the website (and the terms of service) still says "BlueVM Communications LLC" (a company that was dissolved by the Colorado SOS and no longer exists).  LowEndProfessionalism at its best...
Just to add to that: the LLC was dissolved on May 19, 2015 so the terms of service and any contracts that have been entered into after that date are null and void since the other party stated on the terms of service contract didn't exist at the time the contracts were entered into.

Its a guaranteed win for any customer who signed up after that date or made any payment after that date (even a renewal payment) if they file a PayPal dispute or a chargeback with their credit card company and point out that the TOS and contract is invalid.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Tickets are not being answered.
I love the ticket hockey and I am 100000% in agreement with what you are asking for in there.

Long time ago the good doctor said what was up in BluVM land.  Johnston said otherwise in forums to protect his own paycheck / pay out.  Shame guys didn't trust me on the info.

Has anyone seen Justin lately? Let's hope he found a career offline.  He comes back to hosting he's going to be the quickest fail co. ever.  I guarantee this.

Munzy

If anything, this proves that at least Johnston was taking care and steering the ship clear of obstacles. Unlike the new owner. Also from my recollection Johnston also gave refunds for various reasons.

From the talks I have had around the community evidently most of the statements made by a few people on here are very much false, and just said to stir the drama pot and have no basis.

I love the ticket hockey and I am 100000% in agreement with what you are asking for in there.

Long time ago the good doctor said what was up in BluVM land.  Johnston said otherwise in forums to protect his own paycheck / pay out.  Shame guys didn't trust me on the info.

Has anyone seen Justin lately? Let's hope he found a career offline.  He comes back to hosting he's going to be the quickest fail co. ever.  I guarantee this.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If anything, this proves that at least Johnston was taking care and steering the ship clear of obstacles. Unlike the new owner. Also from my recollection Johnston also gave refunds for various reasons.

From the talks I have had around the community evidently most of the statements made by a few people on here are very much false, and just said to stir the drama pot and have no basis.
Johnston was taking steps to loosely support customers.  Probably early 2013 and prior it was better when his long time guy was there (who I thought actually owned the place).

But 2013 onward it has been very bad and support has been spotty at best.  Been really bad over the past year.  Correlation with this time range and the shuffling of the brand to new owner.

What irks me isn't that the normal NO CLUE everyday buyers who don't read the forums and are unaware get burnt and some inevitably lose their data along with cash invested.

Like many of these deals CC/CVPS is after their web sites and the good search placement they have.  Cause that brings blind buyers in daily who just buy.  It's cash machine on autopilot no matter how crappy the services are.

Munzy

Johnston was taking steps to loosely support customers.  Probably early 2013 and prior it was better when his long time guy was there (who I thought actually owned the place).

But 2013 onward it has been very bad and support has been spotty at best.  Been really bad over the past year.  Correlation with this time range and the shuffling of the brand to new owner.

What irks me isn't that the normal NO CLUE everyday buyers who don't read the forums and are unaware get burnt and some inevitably lose their data along with cash invested.

Like many of these deals CC/CVPS is after their web sites and the good search placement they have.  Cause that brings blind buyers in daily who just buy.  It's cash machine on autopilot no matter how crappy the services are.
Loosely? Were you ever a customer of them? He supported tons of clients, generally the way to do it was to ask nicely on IRC. Usually got things done promptly.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Fab's must be reading here,  the BlueVM.com WHOIS was updated the day after it was mentioned here.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@CVPS_Chris, can you please let us know when you plan to announce to BlueVM customers that the company has been sold or that the owner has changed? Is there any intention of doing that?

KMyers

@CVPS_Chris, can you please let us know when you plan to announce to BlueVM customers that the company has been sold or that the owner has changed? Is there any intention of doing that?
He clearly has no intentions of doing anything of the sort, you have been asking daily with no response yet it is clear that someone at CHVPS is keeping an eye on this thread. I honestly see no need to keep it a secret any longer unless they have some more dirt that they are not ready to air out. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It just bothers me that there is an entire portion of their customer base who has no clue what is going on because they probably do not read vpsBoard or LowEndTalk, and even if they do, their English skills are probably not good enough to read a long-ass thread like this on a whim. Probably just going to look for a VPS offer.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Loosely? Were you ever a customer of them? He supported tons of clients, generally the way to do it was to ask nicely on IRC. Usually got things done promptly.
Sadly I must confess.  I actually tried their services back then.

Like most customers who buy hosting, I don't go to IRC for support.  I submit a ticket.  Not mean or nice about problems in such, just the facts and a plea for resolution.  Support certainly was better than appears under this term of CVPS ownership.  Not disputing that whatsoever, as it would be hard to dip to such levels.  My issues with BlueVM then were frequent outages and terrible throughput.

It just bothers me that there is an entire portion of their customer base who has no clue what is going on because they probably do not read vpsBoard or LowEndTalk, and even if they do, their English skills are probably not good enough to read a long-ass thread like this on a whim. Probably just going to look for a VPS offer.
This is the story all over town.   One day someone like your aunt buys something from these jokers unknowing trying to buy oh say shared hosting most likely and gets dipped on - service offline, no one home.   There are lots of shops rotating cash like this and nothing happens even though clearly ripping folks off.

It is one thing to have shitty level of service and have blips.  Whole other thing to leave people offline for extended periods of times and be random at best in ticketing.   I could write a script to answer tickets better than the shit these shops dole out on average pretending to be support.

I'll say it again, you buy cheap, these shops then hire cheap, if they hire anyone.   You are at mercy of children and guys that would rather f-off and play games than do work.  Support is volunteer, free VPS crowd,  or Indians probably in bondage.  

Customer now bear some blame though.  No research and the About Us says nothing about the who and what BlueVM is:

https://www.bluevm.com/about.php

"We strive to maintain fast servers, friendly support and no downtime"

I strive to be a 7ft tall NBA player.  All the striving and rim reaching isn't going to stretch to make that happen.

At least the WHOIS is out in the OPEN.

Code:
Domain Name: BLUEVM.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1654902241_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2012-09-29T18:54:58.00Z
Creation Date: 2011-05-07T14:28:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-05-07T14:28:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: 
Registrant Name: BLUEVM PROJECTS
Registrant Organization: 
Registrant Street: 9697 GARDEN WALK
Registrant City: CLARENCE CENTER
Registrant State/Province: NY
Registrant Postal Code: 14032
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.7164357305
Registrant Phone Ext: 
Registrant Fax: +1.7164069825
Registrant Fax Ext: