amuck-landowner

BuyVM - New website design?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The ones I provided later on were done by a well established designer on WHT that I'm fairly sure is partially blind. We never completed things with them after giving him the 2nd chance. I was tempted to ask for a refund but I was so annoyed that I said screw it.

As I mentioned, we had a few that literally just took our current design, shoved it in bootstrap, and handed

it back to me. Well shit, I can do that myself, I don't need your help....

Yep, it's Korey. I told him I needed him to do something a lot more stylish and we're paying a premium for it.

He does fantastic work and in a timely manner.

Francisco

Schultz

The ones I provided later on were done by a well established designer on WHT that I'm fairly sure is partially blind. We never completed things with them after giving him the 2nd chance. I was tempted to ask for a refund but I was so annoyed that I said screw it.
Yeah the other design looks very bad compared to the OP one.

Hope this is released soon, and I sincerely hope you have enough nodes to cover the boom in sales you'll get!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I like the new design! Clean and usable.
Thanks, James.

I like where it's going a lot more than the other renditions.

Yeah the other design looks very bad compared to the OP one.

Hope this is released soon, and I sincerely hope you have enough nodes to cover the boom in sales you'll get!
As mentioned earlier, Korey is aiming to have all the odds/ends tied up by middle of August, if not in my hands by then.

I'll then decide with Aldryic on what additional changes we need (wording, minor layout changes, working http://cboas.ru/img/meetthestaff.jpg into it somehow, etc).

I still think we should roll it out with the support improvements.

Francisco

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
I don't really like the dark design...but it matches the current colour scheme anyway :)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I like the new design a lot.

@Francisco any chance of parting with the old design (not for the SD website, we just got a new face lift, but for another non-commercial website I'm working on)?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I like the new design a lot.

@Francisco any chance of parting with the old design (not for the SD website, we just got a new face lift, but for another non-commercial website I'm working on)?
It's yous once we're done with it :) Since it's non-commercial, I won't charge. You can go ahead and save out the source to whatever pages you want and i'll let you know.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I don't really like the dark design...but it matches the current colour scheme anyway :)
We actually did a trial run where the background and main body of the site was a light grey.

It didn't suit us as all, though.

Thankfully Korey was able to make quick work of changing it to a darker site.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
But those are the best! Those and the ones by Ben Dover.
He did another design for us as well, for another site we're launching soon.  I about lost it laughing when I saw his place holders for the testimonial section:

testimonial.png

Steven F

Verified Provider

As I mentioned, we had a few that literally just took our current design, shoved it in bootstrap, and handed

it back to me. Well shit, I can do that myself, I don't need your help....

Yep, it's Korey. I told him I needed him to do something a lot more stylish and we're paying a premium for it.

He does fantastic work and in a timely manner.

Francisco
Haha, I totally know who you're talking about. Charges in the range of $1,750. :p

Really? I've found Korey to be an extraordinary bargain for the quality he does compared to many other designers out there. He's doing the new DediCube site, actually. It should be done in the next few days. Then he's onto a few other sites for me. My only problem with Korey is that he isn't available on Skype, only via e-mail. So, it's pretty slow to communicate.

I've gone through a few designers and Korey has honestly been my favorite to work with. I know he's booked up, because I've been trying to grab him full time, though.

mojeda

He did another design for us as well, for another site we're launching soon.  I about lost it laughing when I saw his place holders for the testimonial section:

testimonial.png

This is great. #Winning

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
have you guys set the pricing for managed vas yet?
The plan is to bake management into all 256MB+ plans. Prices wouldn't go up, we'd simply add 24/7 management.

We're planning to introduce 2 more plans as well, that have cPanel included in the price.

Plan #1

- 2GB RAM, 2GB Burst

- OpenVZ based

- 150GB SSD Storage

- 10TB transit

- X amount of IP's included

- cPanel included

- Nightly backups

- 24/7 management

- $30/month

Plan #2

- 2GB RAM, 2GB Burst

- OpenVZ based

- 100GB SSD Storage

- 5TB transit

- X amount of IP's included

- cPanel included

- Nightly backups

- 24/7 management

- ~$22/month

We're still fiddling with the details of it all (infact I haven't even sat down with Aldryic to discuss

the above numbers/etc), but it's well on its way.

Have your designer visit this page to test the design: http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html

Thank you.  :p
I should make a 'lynx' edition of the site that just loads out as a 80 column wide ASCII site.

Francisco

amuck-landowner