amuck-landowner

Can you suggest a good provider in EU?

upsetcvps

Just looking to host a private website and such.  I figure this way I can also run a vpn in a country outside the US (so please also consider the country's stance on vps privacy).

Would be great if the price point was similar to buyvm at US $3.50 a month for 256+256swap.

Thanks!

Ivan

Verified Provider
You can try out Promoteus (Milan, Italy), or Waveride (Vienna, Austria, smaller division of Edis). Waveride has some pretty cool plans.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Personally had great experience with Prometeus (Italy) and EDIS (everywhere).  

In addition GetKVM (Germany) is fantastic too.  There's also OpenITC (UK) and there's always MiniVPS.co.uk (UK and France I believe?).  

I personally trust all providers listed there to respect my privacy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ash

Amitz

InceptionHosting and Prometeus would be my favorites!

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Eu providers that I currently use (and trust with my data) are:

InceptionHosting (vps in NL)

GetKVM (Germany)

Prometeus (Italy)

MiniVPS (the 10/year they offered with OVH and then moved to the UK)

All good on what they do and I would recommend all of these providers.

Reactions: Ash

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Inception, Prometeus, OpenITC, OnePoundWebHosting, Castlegem, Torqhost, GetKVM, MiniVPS are all good providers in my book, tried all of them apart from MiniVPS but heard nothing bad about them and I should try them one day. ;-)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I don't have a single bad thing to say of Prometeus!

I DO!

UNCLE IS A VERY NICE PERSON AND THEIR SERVICES ARE FANTASTIC!

I lied, I can't say anything bad about Prometeus.  It's impossible.  

mikho

I don't have a single bad thing to say of Prometeus!
Actually I can, Uncle should not work when tired.

He makes small mistakes then. Like issuing a reboot command in the wrong terminal, accidently rebooting core router by working next to it.

Even with these things, I LOVE THE VPS I HAVE WITH Prometeus.

maounique

He makes small mistakes then. Like issuing a reboot command in the wrong terminal, accidently rebooting core router by working next to it.

Even with these things, I LOVE THE VPS I HAVE WITH Prometeus.
Then he will never work.

Uncle is tired all the time, I never knew him otherwise.

Other than that, you are keeping scores, arent you :eek:

You can add to that pulling the wrong disks from a server, for example, but I can do those things when I am rested too :)

prometeus

Verified Provider

actually most of the mistakes happen when I'm too rested, Like the disks I pulled out of a running server instead of the right one, or a cluster node I cut both power at the same time (I double checked, looked at labels, counted position in the rack  and I was absolutely sure it was the right one). At the moment I had both power cables in my hands I noticed this server had fiber channel cabled, so it wasn't the right one :) 

Going back to my cloud experiments... 

mikho

actually most of the mistakes happen when I'm too rested, Like the disks I pulled out of a running server instead of the right one, or a cluster node I cut both power at the same time (I double checked, looked at labels, counted position in the rack and I was absolutely sure it was the right one). At the moment I had both power cables in my hands I noticed this server had fiber channel cabled, so it wasn't the right one :)

Going back to my cloud experiments...
Oh my.... I'm speechless. Still love my little vps with you anyways. :)

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
I would definitely consider Prometeus as well. They've got an amazing network and disk performance is top-notch.

Their prices are also very reasonable, and support staff (including the big boss himself) are amazingly friendly!

amuck-landowner