amuck-landowner

CentralNic acquires InternetBS

libro22

For those of you who are interested, and those that have plenty of domains in InternetBS:

The ICANN accredited Bahamian registrar business of Internet.bs Corp. (IBS) has been acquired by CentralNic Group PLC(“CentralNic”) in a move that is intended to provide IBS customers with continued and expanded leading-edge, personalized registrar services.

CentralNic, as one of the world’s top domain name Registries and a publically listed company on the London Stock Exchange, is well positioned to continue and enhance the IBS tradition of providing best of breed quality Registrar services targeting end user domain owners, small to larger resellers and domainers wanting the security, reliability, and ease of use at the best price available

Gregg McNair, IBS Chairman worked closely with Ben Crawford, CEO of CentralNic, to effect the sale of the IBS business along with Marco Rinaudo, IBS Founder and CEO.

The IBS story goes back more than ten years when Italian born Rinaudo sold his ICANN accredited hosting business in France, in yet another Rinaudo success story. He then moved with his French wife to the Bahamas where they established IBS – a highly cost-efficient registrar and domain administration technical platform that passes the cost benefits on to customers.

The family later moved to Panama as the IBS business grew steadily with fellow Panamanian resident McNair being appointed to the board some two years ago with the aim of helping position the business for future growth and diversification.

“I am pleased to confirm that all IBS staff will continue with me to ensure a seamless transition” said Marco Rinaudo, “I am very excited to see the Company that I founded and nurtured for more than 10 years enter this new phase of development. The great working relationship that I have forged with Ben Crawford and the CentralNic team provides me with the assurance that my IBS customers will be well supported in the future and will appreciate the proposed broadening of services to be introduced by the combined team. I will be working alongside Ben to make sure that happens in the best interest of our established and new customers.” he said.

Ben Crawford said, “A registrar that serves customers in 199 countries is pretty remarkable. And when you add to that IBS’s advanced technology, its smart, efficient people and its commitment to low prices and great service, that all makes IBS the kind of company we are excited to have join the CentralNic Group.”

Gregg McNair, IBS Chairman said “I am delighted to bring together two excellent businesses. Further I am pleased to have been able to assist my good friend and business partner Marco, in this transaction. CentralNic certainly has the capacity and resources to take the IBS business to the next level”.

For Further Information:

Marco Rinaudo: [email protected] (press interview by email only).

Ben Crawford: [email protected]

Src: https://internetbs.net/faq/content/1/33/en/centralnic-acquires-internetbs.html

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am ahh confused.

Who is CentralNic?   Are they known in the UK?  Target the European market or something?

I bailed, mostly on internet.bs a while back when they had issues accepting PayPal payments.  Unsure how I feel other than more consolidation.

Dylan

Not a good sign. CentralNic is the company behind most of the ridiculous third-level domains like .co.com as well as failed attempts to rebrand country-code TLDs like .pw (remember how the "professional web" took off? me neither).

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
They've been around for a long long time though so if nothing else there will be stability.

switsys

Message from the new owners:

On the 24th of June, we will begin to apply the UK VAT treatment.

The main implications are that for EU customers UK VAT (20%) will be charged, unless they are EU business customers who have provided us with a valid VAT registration number. If you are an individual or a business customer registered outside of the EU then no VAT is chargeable to you but you need to immediately update your records to reflect your correct status and address. For customers within the UK, the UK VAT will be charged."

libro22

I'm actually concerned with the pricing, InternetBS is known for their low rates and I actually buy from them because of it. I'm hoping CentralNic won't do that. The company is unknown to me, I'm not sure how this acquisition will go.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Domain prices past few years - at face rates - has gone up and up while everything except for inflation has gone down.

Lately I am looking to other domain extensions and generally blah about domains.   I believe lots of others are doing the same and facing a big picture slow down at least for interest in the traditional .com, .net and .org.

cspacews

Verified Provider
Not a good sign. CentralNic is the company behind most of the ridiculous third-level domains like .co.com as well as failed attempts to rebrand country-code TLDs like .pw (remember how the "professional web" took off? me neither).
.pw is a Directi initiative and not CentralNIC its more over they are dealing in third-level domains.

AThomasHowe

Domain prices past few years - at face rates - has gone up and up while everything except for inflation has gone down.

Lately I am looking to other domain extensions and generally blah about domains.   I believe lots of others are doing the same and facing a big picture slow down at least for interest in the traditional .com, .net and .org.
I know, it's total bullshit aswell. If someone could come out with a two or three letter extension at a decent price ($0.99/y normal price or something) that didn't look or sound stupid they'd make a killing.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Update on VAT:

Dear [deletion] ([deletion]),

We recently notified you of our intent to implement the EU VAT Regulations for non-business EU customers and all UK based customers with effect from the 24th June 2014.

PLEASE NOTE: We have not implemented this change today as originally advised.

In the days since we highlighted the change, we have received valued feedback from customers regarding the short notice period given in our intended implementation plan. We have sought additional advice and as a result, we believe it will be viewed as acceptable by the tax authorities for us to delay this implementation for some days to allow us to put all systems in place, thereby giving our customers further time to update their information.

We will confirm the new date of VAT implementation in the coming days however, as before, we urge you to update your customer billing information as soon as possible if you are located outside of the EU and therefore are not liable for VAT, or if you are able to provide a company name and VAT number, so that we do not need to charge you VAT (unless you are in the UK).

And please note that it is not necessary to update any information in WhoIs records – only the billing information in your account needs to be updated.

Please be assured that we aim to act in the best interest of customers at all times. We appreciate that the implementation of VAT has concerned some, but it is a necessary step to comply with our legal obligations.

Thank you again for your feedback and your loyalty, you have once again shown us that we have the most professional and knowledgeable customers in the industry.

Yours Sincerely,

Internet.bs Corp.

http://www.internet.bs

http://www.internetbs.net

[email protected]

Kalam

Coincidentally I just had to respond to my first abuse report, emailing back the person and cc'ng abuse@.

It was rather annoying as it was video game related. The person was butt-hurt that they couldn't retaliate against me in-game, so they went after me through my registrar. Their claims were obvious bullshit, and if internet.bs had even spent a few seconds looking at my homepage or ToS page, they would have realized it.

In case you were wondering, the related game was Eve Online. ^_^

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I know, it's total bullshit aswell. If someone could come out with a two or three letter extension at a decent price ($0.99/y normal price or something) that didn't look or sound stupid they'd make a killing.
If you find any new non-bully domains - keep us updated.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I'm glad I don't have any domains with Internet.bs. I've known for a while that they have the best prices, but somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see some price increases over the next few months to make them "more competitive". CentralNIC doesn't seem like the best owner for a company like this what with their truly BS ".co.com" domains and such. I just hope I don't see a buyout of Namecheap any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Got this from them this morning with the subject "Important Changes to your Customer Contract":

Dear Customer,

We write to inform you of some important changes regarding Internet.bs.

We will soon be offering domains under several new TLD extensions including select new gTLDs and .me, so at this time we would welcome your feedback as to the most important TLDs for you.

We will also be introducing new payment options, such as Bitcoin, and are renegotiating contracts with existing gateway providers with the aim to reduce processing fees and simplify the payment process.

These enhancements to Internet.bs flow from the acquisition of the assets of Internet.bs Corp by CentralNic Group PLC, which has also taken on all existing Internet.BS staff and all customer

contracts. Full information regarding these changes can be found in the attached notice.

With the introduction of new gTLDs we will also be switching our Privacy service provider from "Fundacion Private Whois" to "Whois Privacy Corp.", a privacy company registered in the

Bahamas. This privacy service will continue to be available to you for free and we will continue to refrain from publishing your Registrant information as per the contract.

Please be assured that you will continue to receive the fantastic customer service and low prices you have come to expect from Internet.bs.

Yours truly,

The Internet.bs team

amuck-landowner