amuck-landowner

cheap romania vps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Does such a thing truly exist in Romania?   My understanding is Romania adheres to copyright protection laws.   Whether they uniformly deal with DMCA/required to is another issue.  Unsure what treaties and agreements they are signed onto.

Voxility gets a lot of coverage for being renegade like this. Unsure if they still are "friendly" to such, as peering, routes, speeds have increased and they seem to have kissed and made up with Cogent.

Edit:   If attempting the whole offshore thing, need a company based in Romania and with no satellite locations in USA or UK so long arm justice can't reach in.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtwiscool

Does such a thing truly exist in Romania?   My understanding is Romania adheres to copyright protection laws.   Whether they uniformly deal with DMCA/required to is another issue.  Unsure what treaties and agreements they are signed onto.

Voxility gets a lot of coverage for being renegade like this. Unsure if they still are "friendly" to such, as peering, routes, speeds have increased and they seem to have kissed and made up with Cogent.

Edit:   If attempting the whole offshore thing, need a company based in Romania and with no satellite locations in USA or UK so long arm justice can't reach in.
i already am talking to a webhost about it and they seid that they do not care what i do about DMCA and have said i am allowed to null route them :) .

this is the whats not allowed by the host:

hacking

attacking

phishing

scamming

spamming other people

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Consider:

Iceland, Russia, some Central America....  

Other eastern European countries...

Liechtenstein, perhaps.

I'd look to see who in Europe is trying to join the EU or a member.  Avoid those.

mtwiscool

I found a host that is offshore and does not care about dcma hears the package they offing in Latvia.

512mb ram vmware

2ghz cpu

25gb disk

Unmeated 100mbps port

$6.99 month

Is this a good deal?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hehe, unmeated, a vegetarian port :)

Sounds reasonable though.  What are their upstreams and have you tested throughput and routes to where you care about?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Latvia year of EU entry: 2004....

I don't see how they are DMCA and piracy non-enforcing being an EU member state.

mtwiscool

Bandwidth mix on that ASN looks pretty decent. Site I got isn't English and broken....

VPS above is direct offer from this company or is there a company/reseller downstream selling that VPS offer?
Downstream
The country has copyright laws but are not ever been enforced

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Downstream

The country has copyright laws but are not ever been enforced
I saw a 2008 big torrent takedown in Latvia.  That was done under German influence.

Unenforced laws are one twitch from being enforced and making examples out of misdoers.  I'd continue shopping.

mtwiscool

I saw a 2008 big torrent takedown in Latvia.  That was done under German influence.

Unenforced laws are one twitch from being enforced and making examples out of misdoers.  I'd continue shopping.
it seams to be stable and i got the resouces to pull out at any time.

the only country that would be more safe would be iran.

and they target website aimed at the Larvia commuity not internation and lots of torrent websites have hosted they safe for years.

the goal is to have enouth time to reseach copyright claims witch is what a onshore host won't allow as it could take 30 days so, i just want a datacentre that allowes me time to see the claim and get them to write a Latvia copyright claim not a dcma witch will lead to less abuse from copyright owners we just want a balance between uploaders and copyright owners in other words if the claim is writting to Latvia law and is true we will remove the cotent.

mtwiscool

We recently moved from a very large and well known VPS provider to Time4VPS and will never look back!  Their support, service and product pricing is hard to beat.
not going to work:

4. Published content

Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content;

as the contect is user genrated,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner