amuck-landowner

Cheap Server (dedicated server)

RiotSecurity

Looking to get a fairly cheap server here, any locations.

It's going to be used for just development, testing, etc.

Specs wanted:

4gb ram minimum,

200gb hdd minimum,

10tb bandwidth

/29

100mbit port speed or 1gbit (1gbit preferred)

JackDoan

Dual Intel Xeon 5150

2.66Ghz - 2 processors

4 Cores / 4 Threads

8GB DDR2

500GB

• 20TB Monthly Transfer

• Linux/Windows* OS

• 5 usable IPv4 Address

• /64 IPv6 Address Block**

• Remote Reboot Access

$69.95/month
You're so cute, sonwebhost! Looks like a copy/paste from http://datashack.net. If you're going to resell, please at least try to distinguish yourself.

I'd recommend https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/. I don't think I've ever seen anyone but OVH beat them on price.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
We have a Dual Xeon L5420 for $49.99 per month with 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Drive, 20 TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port in Atlanta.  

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Dacentec gets my vote. I don't know any provider where you can get Dual L5420s, 16GB of RAM with 4x 146GB SAS drives and HW RAID10 for $50/month (only 1 IPv4 address but it comes with a /48 of IPv6).

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotSecurity

Dacentec gets my vote. I don't know any provider where you can get Dual L5420s, 16GB of RAM with 4x 146GB SAS drives and HW RAID10 for $50/month (only 1 IPv4 address but it comes with a /48 of IPv6).
Only issue is, I want more then 1 ip address.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dacentec does those at that price on a rent-to-own basis too :)   Not a bad setup. 

Do note though that Dacentec was bought months ago.  So unsure for how long they will continue these promos and insane pricing.

Downside historically though is the network is spotty/iffy.  Haven't checked lately, but expect to see backhauling to Atlanta and higher ping times than elsewhere.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'm curious to see when they switch nLayer on as their primary upstream provider.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm curious to see when they switch nLayer on as their primary upstream provider.
Have they announced this officially?   Been lots of prior promises of upgrading the network and those seemed to never happen (prior ownership).

datarealm

Verified Provider
We'd be happy to setup a box for you for your development use.  Nothing crazy fancy, but inexpensive and good for dev work:

$34/mo

2.4GHz Core2Duo

4GB RAM

1x 250GB SATA

10TB bw

100Mbps port

amuck-landowner