amuck-landowner

Cheap Windows VPS - New York City, Chicago and London

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Looking for some recommendations for cheap Windows VPS providers.

For now, seeking these in New York City, Chicago and London.  Close to major trading markets and ideally with low latency to such.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I have a 7/month Windows VM with CorgiTech located in LA (although I think they have other locations).  

Not bad, but I think they now charge 10/month for it.  

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Winity is probably your best bet, and Corgitech. Which Windows version are you looking for?

Likely not what you're looking for but if 'bring in your own license' is an option then I can do something nice that's actually in London unlike many others (Shoreditch specifically - around the so called 'Silicon Roundabout').

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Define cheap?

Constant.com does Windows VPS in all 3 locations (NY location is NJ) from $19.99 month and they come with a minimum of 500GB storage but unfortunately they don't offer Autoboot v2™.

They use HostDime in both Los Angeles and Kent, UK (Maidstone,Kent is not in Greater London...it's about 36mi/58km from London).

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Define cheap?

Constant.com does Windows VPS in all 3 locations (NY location is NJ) from $19.99 month and they come with a minimum of 500GB storage but unfortunately they don't offer Autoboot v2™.

They use HostDime in both Los Angeles and Kent, UK (Maidstone,Kent is not in Greater London...it's about 36mi/58km from London).
Keep in mind that you still need the fee for the Windows license, which granted isn't high and their London location is single-homed to Level(3) which isn't necessarily/always the best for routing in London.

Custodian is much better connected than Constant in London but latencies will be slightly higher.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Windows 2012.... 

Define cheap?

Dozens of dollars to several dozen per month, perhaps more.

mojeda

Winity Locations:

Orland, Florida - DimeNOC

Kent, UK - Custodian Maidstone DC

Los Angeles, California - HostDime

Dallas, Texas - CoreXchange

Windows 2012 starting at $12.

http://winity.io

serviceapps

I can host an 8GB Server 2012 server for you for $40 per month.

Hosted in Chicago

Dedicated IP

Dedicated L5420 Quad Core

Nested virtualization support (You can run VM's in the VM).

5TB bandwidth cap

(or 4GB for $20/month, though only 1TB bandwidth and only 2 Dedicated cores)

$3 per month per IP address. (Over 1)

Test: 216.231.139.6

In case anyone is wondering, I rented a server for $90 per month and don't need all the computing power (Came with 16GB ram and Dual L5420), and I only need a Dual core with 4 GB ram.

amuck-landowner