amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Verified Provider
You said you might offer one. It was not applied. And I want my $10 "discount" back then.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
What I think about either party is irrelevant. If a client orders A and you can only deliver B, you should present the client with the option of a refund. Doesn't matter what you think the value is of either item, this is just business, and the client has their own to worry about.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
And the drama ends, once again, thank you Shovehost for shoving it deep down our throat.

Mun

Never Forget
also

1.7 Refunds 
1.7.1 Refunds are subject to approval by ChicagoVPS on a case by case basis. If a refund is deemed appropriate, then ChicagoVPS will credit your account or refund through PayPal. 
1.7.2 Refunds on Credit Card's are subject to a $25 administrative fee for processing.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Refund policy should be irrelevant when the purchased product cannot be delivered. If I say no refunds, you order, and I don't deliver, do you walk away? No. That's not strictly legal. If the purchase order was specific and did not indicate that the product may not be what was ordered, refund is extremely important as an option.

What anyone thinks of the difference between what was ordered and what was ultimately delivered is also of no relevance. That is the decision of the purchaser.

Mun

Never Forget
Refund policy should be irrelevant when the purchased product cannot be delivered. If I say no refunds, you order, and I don't deliver, do you walk away? No. That's not strictly legal. If the purchase order was specific and did not indicate that the product may not be what was ordered, refund is extremely important as an option. What anyone thinks of the difference between what was ordered and what was ultimately delivered is also of no relevance. That is the decision of the purchaser.

I think it would be acceptable if there was no other option in a reasonable time with compensation or fix down the road.

shovenose

Verified Provider
I'm halfway through the damn billing cycle and I don't have what I paid for.

I might be willing to keep the server if the billing cycle starts now. MAYBE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner