Chris Miller -- Seeking Full Time Position at a web hosting company (7 YEARS of industry experience!

Discussion in 'Job Offers & Job Requests' started by ChrisM, Mar 7, 2015.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM Cocktail Enthusiast Verified Provider

Apr 2, 2013
    Hello vpsBoard Family!

My name is Chris Miller and I am currently seeking a full-time job position for a web hosting company.

Having served as the CEO and founder of FTNHosting for over 5 years (company has since been sold), I am familiar with all aspects of running a busy and successful hosting company, and I am comfortable with tackling any task whether it be sales related, tech related, administrative related, billing related, management related, you name it.

Throughout the 5 years I have served as the CEO/founder of FTNHosting, as it had multiple brands under it (i.e. URPad, VMPort, K-Disk), I have experience with virtually every platform out there, whether it be Linux or Windows related. If there is something I am not familiar with, I am a fast learner and can adapt to new environments relatively quickly. I have hands-on experience with industry standard software including but not limited to: cPanel/WHM, SolusVM, OpenVZ, KVM, XEN, WebsitePanel, etc. I am definitely comfortable and know my way around both Linux and Windows operating systems.

You can find my work history experience and resume on my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-miller/50/62b/44b

I currently reside in Eastlake, Michigan. I am available for remote/telecommuting work, and re-location is open for discussion as well.

For more information, feel free to email me at: [email protected] or PM me.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to becoming a valuable asset for your hosting company!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Mid

Mid New Member

May 4, 2014
    https://www.nexcess.net/about/careers

its all foreign to me, but just my past hosting company came to mind when I saw 'michigan'

anyhow, I know they are a good company (also makers of InterWorx panel )

RLT, Hassan, ChrisM and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

May 13, 2013
    You should take a look at DigitalOcean -- they have openings for just about every sort of position, including remote ones, and I've heard they're a great company to work for.

https://www.digitalocean.com/company/careers/

River, drmike and ChrisM like this.
  4. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    There are a lot of companies hiring or at least their websites say so.   Support often is a remote workable role.  Other roles they tend more often to want folks on-site.

Good luck Mr. Miller, hoping you land somewhere good.

ChrisM likes this.
  5. DomainBop

DomainBop Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Oct 11, 2013
    @jarland get Mr.Miller a job at DO...NOW!

jarland likes this.
  6. Hassan

Hassan New Member Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Take a look into Nexcess... awesome place

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
    ChrisM likes this.
  7. ChrisM

ChrisM Cocktail Enthusiast Verified Provider

Apr 2, 2013
    Thanks for your replies!

I am still on the hunt for a job in the hosting industry!

MannDude and HalfEatenPie like this.
  8. RLT

RLT Active Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Dang I could almost do the trust and safety position. Only killer is having to travel to NYC on occasion. 

Hate going through metal detectors. They go nuts every time I do.  Last one I stuck a bare arm in it and it went nuts.