amuck-landowner

Colo provider issues

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
A while ago I shipped a router to colo with some servers I had with a colo provider. Due to a change in my needs I wanted to get it shipped back to me. He said he would get it shipped back to me but hasn't yet. It's been over a month since he said he would have the DC send it back. How do I handle this? What should I do next?

Thanks.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
A while ago I shipped a router to colo with some servers I had with a colo provider. Due to a change in my needs I wanted to get it shipped back to me. He said he would get it shipped back to me but hasn't yet. It's been over a month since he said he would have the DC send it back. How do I handle this? What should I do next?

Thanks.
Is it Zeneva?

Francisco

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Who's the provider?

Maybe we can help better with that information.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I already tried that. The company leases space from the DC.
Have you tried to provide proof of ownership of the equipment and copies of your communication with the provider?  They might agree to ship it based on that, if not at least to have a conversation with the provider on your behalf. 

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Who's the provider?

Maybe we can help better with that information.
I'd rather not say. I like the person involved. I'm just frustrated.

Have you tried to provide proof of ownership of the equipment and copies of your communication with the provider?  They might agree to ship it based on that, if not at least to have a conversation with the provider on your behalf. 
I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I'd rather not say. I like the person involved. I'm just frustrated.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
Thinking about the servers you also have, this might be a time to consider a new colo provider.  I'd say if you're shipping something out over your providers head, I'd ship everything.  

The DC might be willing to move your servers into their racks.  That way you keep the location just without the hassle of a non-responsive middle man.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Thinking about the servers you also have, this might be a time to consider a new colo provider.  I'd say if you're shipping something out over your providers head, I'd ship everything.  

The DC might be willing to move your servers into their racks.  That way you keep the location just without the hassle of a non-responsive middle man.
The DC directly would be double what I pay the middleman. :/

rds100

Verified Provider
The problem is i don't see how he can prove to the DC that these are his servers. And even then the DC has a contract with the middleman, it wouldn't just go removing servers from their racks.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Whilst this may sound dumb but posting on WHT might help, especially if they're active on there.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Alright, this is getting ridiculous now.

Last, I heard was last week and @Zach said he would ship it to me and still has not. 

I would like to get this back, it's been over a month since I requested to get it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner