mtwiscool

bDQ6KuO.png
cryptocurrency for the autistic community​
 ​
Total coins: 64 Million​
Based on Bitcoin source code​
 ​
The idea of the coin:​
To help people with autism learn things like money skills and to promote autism to the public.​
 ​
Any questions?​

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
This was posted at BitcoinTalk too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=724181.new

While autism is no laughing matter, I don't think cryptocurrency is the best means for developing money skills. A game of monolopy? Perhaps. Or just... regular math.

"You buy a loaf of bread for $1.46, lunch meat for $2.84 and some sliced cheese for $2.13. Add a 7% sales-tax and figure out how much change you get back if you pay the cashier with a $20 bill"

That's learning money skills.

Or balancing a checkbook, or making up a budget to get through the month on a fixed income, etc. 

raj

Also posted at wrongplanet.net and hackforums.net.  Typical mtwiscool shotgun broadcast ....

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
"You buy a loaf of bread for $1.46, lunch meat for $2.84 and some sliced cheese for $2.13. Add a 7% sales-tax and figure out how much change you get back if you pay the cashier with a $20 bill"
20-1.07*(1.46+2.84+2.13) = $13.12 in change. (or, 1 ten-dollar bill, 3 one-dollar bills, a dime, and two pennies)

Seriously, though, why was this thread reopened? We all know this is a terrible - not to mention vaguely insulting - idea. Let's leave it at that.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Seriously, though, why was this thread reopened? We all know this is a terrible - not to mention vaguely insulting - idea. Let's leave it at that.
Well, I didn't realize it was closed when I responded to it. Then I saw it was closed previously.

The options I was faced with was either re-open the thread since I had responded to it (admins/mods can respond to closed threads), keep it closed and make my response the last/final response, or just remove my last response since it prompted discussion.

My bad. I'm sure Martin will be asking the same question since he originally locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner