amuck-landowner

Completely anonymous VPS

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
  1. Install/set up Tor.
  2. Go down to your local convenience store, gas station, mall, or almost anywhere and pick up a $20 prepaid VISA/Amex. Pay cash.
  3. Use a "private browsing" window for the next three steps. Grab a random identity from fakenamegenerator.com. Might want to screenshot the page for later.
  4. Sign up for DigitalOcean with a fake e-mail and a random password. Fake Name Generator is kind enough to provide both if you like.
  5. Confirm e-mail, then set up billing. Use the FNG identity from above, and the prepaid card you purchased before. Phone number and billing address are not verified. Also, use promo code DODEPLOY for $10 credit without ever hitting the card.

Schultz

Perhaps?

Exchanging your funds via bank account to BTC, tumbling your BTC through a service like Bitcoinfog to make the BTC anonymous, then paying to a proper no logging VPS service like http://prq.se ?

Using the method you gave us, it can trigger security systems like Max Mind for anti-fraud.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The topic is rather necessary - big picture... Especially today in light of the never ending data disclosure (unintended) by companies.

We cannot forget the McMega corps who make a whole profitable business just on repackaging customer info and selling it to the worst marketing/sales/whatever entites.

In the lowend, do folks REALLY want a company ran by a 16 year old and his "reformed" minor buddies with hacker proven tendencies marinating over you and your info?

In some ways, this sort of unknown entity is good for providers who can refuse to service such entity when there is a real problem with their account (hacking, DMCA, Tor, etc.).  No refund, no bickering per se....

Obvious downsides are the above though too.

In general, I support this concept / notion / general movement and glad this is still able to be done without Bitcon and that layer of abstraction.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I'll pipe in with a complete anonymity is probably not achievable.

Let's start with #1 on the list "setup TOR".  From a Wired article titled "How to Anonymize Everything" published on Tuesday:

Even if you run Tor to anonymize every individual Internet application you use, your computer might still be leaking identifying info online. The NSA has even used unencrypted Windows error messages sent to Microsoft to finger users and track their identities. And an attacker can compromise a web page you visit and use it to deliver an exploit that breaks out of your browser and sends an unprotected message revealing your location.
http://www.wired.com/2014/06/be-anonymous-online/

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Even though stuff is very leaky, doesn't mean folks should abandon the concept and run wide open.

It's time for more disposable computing instances in hand and on the desktop.  Where the browser is freshly cleaned, masked...  Where Windows isn't running... Where things come by default as paranoid and locked.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
  1. Confirm e-mail, then set up billing. Use the FNG identity from above, and the prepaid card you purchased before. Phone number and billing address are not verified. Also, use promo code DODEPLOY for $10 credit without ever hitting the card.
DO now asks you for your ID.

Hxxx

Prepaid MC and VISA , If I'm not wrong, they don't work for DO. Usually one has to use PayPal, attach that card and do the payment.

DO will check if the card can be recursively charged like typical CC.

willie

I thought you need to ID (at least over the phone) to activate those prepaid credit cards, and then they send further stuff in the postal mail.  I imagine they check your info against a credit database but even if they don't check and you give a fake address, they'll probably figure it out and cause some hassle.  Bitcoin isn't anonymous either of course. 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Still don't understand all of this or the need for it.

Yes, if you're in an oppressed state or your government is trying to kill you because of war then fair enough.. but I think getting a pre-paid Visa is the least of your problems.

mtwiscool

They are vps services that allow anonymous sign ups with btc but they do cost a bit more as they are usely offshore.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
You can make a new bitcoin wallet over a vpn and use a pre-paid card or a phone credit payment to top it up and use a new address for each payment.

simple really.
So what? They can track down from the VPN or the pre-paid card.

Kayaba Akihiko

Instead of getting a pre-paid card why not get a virtual credit card from websites like Bancore, just use an App like TextPlus to verify the account

Onra Host

Verified Provider
I think some people have misunderstood the whole point of the OP's topic. 

From my understanding the post is for being anonymous to the companies you sign sign up at. The point intended is not to stay hidden from everyone including the government.... I mean he isn't necessarily writing a guide called "how to commit a crime on the internet".

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No, I got the point.

Why would you want to stay anonymous to the company you're signing up with? You'd only do that if you were pre-empting dodgy activities that you know they'd have to pass your info on for.

amuck-landowner