amuck-landowner

Computer chairs. What do you recommend?

RHServices

Verified Provider
As opposed to what...no wheels?

If it has wheels it would have to be some sort of plastic or rubber, steel/aluminum will chew the flooring.
Rubber or something like that is what I meant, something other than hard plastic is all

TheLinuxBug

Well the chair I was going to suggest and that I have seems to no longer be purchasable, but I will still post it here in case your able to find it elsewhere or second hand in good condition:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/665482/La-Z-Boy-Rudlowe-Bonded-Leather/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-2470763-_-11272891

La-z-Boy Rudlowe Leather Executive Chair

They had this thing on sale as low as $128.00 I think.

I got it a while before the sale and spent a bit more, but with the la-z-boy 10 year warranty, and the confort it provides, it wasn't that hard of a choice for me.

Especially for you bigger guys, this is rated to 250lbs and has no problems holding the weight.

Only complaint I have is that I like to lean back and this has put extra strain on the gas piston which holds the back up.  Because of this,  on occasion if you lean back too hard the back will collapse on you slowly.  This is one of the only things I plan to return for warranty at some point.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think I got all the life I can get out of mine. It's going to go in a dumpster when my new chair arrives: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q5XTE8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For $150~, it seems like a good deal. Quite a few verified reviewers comment they spend as much time as I do in it and enjoy it. It's no Herman Miller, but it's something I can actually afford and should be good.

I'll update once it arrives.

datarealm

Verified Provider
I used an exercise ball for a long while as an office chair and it really helped my lower back and shoulder which were both incredibly sore from bad sitting posture....

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am about 80% of the time standing (my standup desk) and 20% sitting at such on a flat wood high bar stool style chair with a simple back that is about 12 inches high.

Standing is a bit problematic as I like to be barefoot. My floors are aged hard oak - double layers of oak.   It's not so different than standing on concrete in some ways.  About to bring some anti-fatigue mats into the office again.

As opposed to what...no wheels?

If it has wheels it would have to be some sort of plastic or rubber, steel/aluminum will chew the flooring.
No wheels... ahhh  hmmm.... haven't noticed chairs like these without them in many years.

To prevent the wheel wear on floor, buy a proper mat for the chair to go on.

QuadraNet_Adam

Verified Provider
Well the chair I was going to suggest and that I have seems to no longer be purchasable, but I will still post it here in case your able to find it elsewhere or second hand in good condition:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/665482/La-Z-Boy-Rudlowe-Bonded-Leather/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-2470763-_-11272891

La-z-Boy Rudlowe Leather Executive Chair

They had this thing on sale as low as $128.00 I think.

I got it a while before the sale and spent a bit more, but with the la-z-boy 10 year warranty, and the confort it provides, it wasn't that hard of a choice for me.

Especially for you bigger guys, this is rated to 250lbs and has no problems holding the weight.

Only complaint I have is that I like to lean back and this has put extra strain on the gas piston which holds the back up.  Because of this,  on occasion if you lean back too hard the back will collapse on you slowly.  This is one of the only things I plan to return for warranty at some point.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!
Out of stock :( Actually wouldn't mind picking up one of the La-z-Boy's for myself.

TekStorm - Walter

I would suggest a chair that I have, I have a chair that is comfy as well as gives a back massage when i have sat to long and also has a heating pad that is amazing. It also reclines, i sit and work all day and when the stress gets to me i tell its a gift from god. I paid aroun4450 for it but i am should if you look and an watch you can find one for around 200 or they do go on sale.

amuck-landowner