amuck-landowner

[Confirmed] GreenValueHost being sold to XFuseSolutions

Hxxx

Can we unban Jon? Is much easier to just read his statements. Is kind of weird seeing drmike explaining every details of the deal, some questions might be better answered by Jon. Who knows maybe more drama momentum get involved.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Can we unban Jon? Is much easier to just read his statements. Is kind of weird seeing drmike explaining every details of the deal, some questions might be better answered by Jon. Who knows maybe more drama momentum get involved.
Hahaha,  he's on mouth shut mode... Been on it officially for a few months I think it is now.  As we can see that doesn't seem to work very well with him though :)  He taunted MannDude elsewhere and that lead wisely and rightly to this thread.

I am sure more drama would come from Jonny joining in.  He'd almost certainly trainwreck everything and probably long regret that.

MannDude can unban him and Lee and Kossen can unban him over on LET...  Never know what will happen then :)    Watch for bear leg traps.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nah, Nada, No.
I must say, that's a wise decision.  

We have to quit meeting up like this and agreeing.  Has to be some moon cycle :)

Did Nuggets give you free Gratis credit too Lee?  Dirty ass move on his part doing that to moderators.  He's a little shit. Read Nekki's post and think he got shoehorned in his account without him knowing / asking / etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I must say, that's a wise decision.  

We have to quit meeting up like this and agreeing.  Has to be some moon cycle :)

Did Nuggets give you free Gratis credit too Lee?  Dirty ass move on his part doing that to moderators.  He's a little shit. Read Nekki's post and think he got shoehorned in his account without him knowing / asking / etc.
No, I was disappointed with GVH, no free credits, nothing.  

Letting Jonny back before this sale/transfer takes place will just cause both threads which are relatively calm here and on LET to turn bad.  Aside from that it's Duke's PR time, not GVH.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
As you all might have figured Duke was away in Dallas and just getting back home today.  Thus the quietness somewhat on his part.

This week is where rubber meets road on this whole arrangement plus contract.  Hopefully both sides get it done and this misfit company gets put to bed, officially.

I see a lot of LET folks questioning the viability of those customers and deal.  I'd be lying if I said I don't feel the same.  I totally understand where people are coming from.  The numbers work now with some adjustments (read: right sized nodes on some real hardware in spots --- E5's, other legitimate optimizations to operations). Going to be some tough decisions to hard drop some (as I keep referring to 100TB plans and other plans that are abuse magnets).  

Folks on the annuals and lower resource plans will be mostly unphased / no impact now or renewal period.  Clearly, Duke will carve off the entirely unsustainable plans at some point.   The market then can freely swoop those customers up.   Have at it.  100TB at $5-7  knock yourselves out offering that so I can buy three and make you the next drama brand.  I'll make you famous.

Folks with long term or piles of credits, Duke's team will give some attention, after papers are signed.  Goal is to make good for those customers (i.e. provide them with services that work well).

If other companies want to sell their old blades at $10 per month and try to siphon dedicated people, have at it.   But I sincerely doubt people are going to drop those crazy E3's for Xeon circa 1990's.  Yeah someone knows who I am finger banging in public - pew pew.  Nice try though, A for effort.  Keep talking wonk and numbers don't work while trying to drive your willy between two parties already in active commit deal... Cute.  Like the little schoolboy rejected by the pretty girl, shit talking in the gym.  But it's all good.   I laughed.  Hell I would have encouraged you in other deals.  This is the wrong one.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
If other companies want to sell their old blades at $10 per month and try to siphon dedicated people, have at it.   But I sincerely doubt people are going to drop those crazy E3's for Xeon circa 1990's.  Yeah someone knows who I am finger banging in public - pew pew.  Nice try though, A for effort.  Keep talking wonk and numbers don't work while trying to drive your willy between two parties already in active commit deal... Cute.  Like the little schoolboy rejected by the pretty girl, shit talking in the gym.  But it's all good.   I laughed.  Hell I would have encouraged you in other deals.  This is the wrong one.
Tell them to contact Uniwebhosting if they're in the market for picking up some customers with completely unsustainable plans... :p

I've known Duke since 2012, worked with him at Arvixe before he went on to found XFuse, and I can testify to his character. He runs a very tight ship, and if you're a current GVH customer, you will be extremely happy with the changes Duke is making.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
If he already have enough money to take over GVH client  why not stop accepting donation via gofundme?
Honestly, if you looked at the link, I haven't updated it in a while. I deleted the profile and campaign. The last donation was from Matt M 3 months ago. I haven't even worried about it and forgot it was there. I'm not asking for donations.

Some of you guys really need to stop putting words in others mouth.

sv01

Slow but sure
Honestly, if you looked at the link, I haven't updated it in a while. I deleted the profile and campaign. The last donation was from Matt M 3 months ago. I haven't even worried about it and forgot it was there. I'm not asking for donations.

Some of you guys really need to stop putting words in others mouth.
I feel sorry for people who donate their money for you.

Licensecart

I feel sorry for people who donate their money for you.
And that's why I didn't donate. Not being funny to Duke as I don't know you which is one reason, but if you can run a company you don't need my money. So lucky I didn't, think of how people feel donating and it going towards business stuff (it's his word vs nothing).

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Are the donations really such a big thing? Clearly the guy had an accident and had significant medical bills as a result.  At that point his outlook on the short to medium term was no doubt much bleaker than it is now, asking for donations is a survival instinct when you have a family to keep and panic about your ability to provide for them.  

We all go to these types of cause pages to contribute where we feel willing, wanting and able to do so.  Not because we are forced or wondering whether we will feel conned in 6 months because they appear to be managing much better.

I donated around £50 to someone about 3/4 years ago to help them get additional care as they had cancer, the prognosis was not good.  4 years later she is still alive and the cancer is as far as I am aware is still gone.  Should I feel cheated out of that £50 and ask for it back?  Maybe some of you would and perhaps that is what some people are already thinking who contributed to Duke!

Epidrive

Verified Provider
I donated around £50 to someone about 3/4 years ago to help them get additional care as they had cancer, the prognosis was not good.  4 years later she is still alive and the cancer is as far as I am aware is still gone.  Should I feel cheated out of that £50 and ask for it back?  Maybe some of you would and perhaps that is what some people are already thinking who contributed to Duke!
Did that person acquired the assets of GVH a month after your donation? :)

amuck-landowner