amuck-landowner

Continuation of DotVPS brand - HTTP Group Proposed Take Over Cancelled

Jack

Dear Reader;

Firstly I'd like to thank everybody for their continued support and custom.

Over the past two Months DotVPS has been working with the HTTP Group in regards to their purchase of this company.

We have always had a strong vision of how we run and how we would like the DotVPS brand to continue, this includes the level of service and internal infrastructure.

Due to how strongly we care for our customers any deal had to be worked around terms which allowed DotVPS management to remain in place and our vision continued.

During the final stages of negotiation it became apparent that HTTP Group were not able to adhere to terms being set our by our management and eventually the decision was made to cancel the agreements we had in place.

Fortunately due to the "merger" processes we had in place we are easily able to operate under the DotVPS once again and all relevant changes have.

DotVPS and HTTP Group would like to apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this situation, however we can promise that DotVPS is in a stronger position now than before the sale talks took place and we will continue to offer a great service and awesome pricing.

Thank you,
Jack Sephton
DotVPS Hosting

shovenose

Verified Provider
Sorry to hear it fell through but glad to hear your company is doing better now. Hopefully not too many customers will get freaked and leave :(

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I feel sad for you that the purchase didn't happen but at the same time glad to read that you will continue your brand.

I wish you all the best and hope you can/will continue add value to us users.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Merger didn't happen, no big deal, so what is the problem then? Everything looks okay from a distance...

Ash

I thought they had controlled the brand for about a month now. This must be a financial mess in terms of tax purposes etc.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Looks like they just got some nice publicity out of the "Merger" that didn't happen.

All the best Jack :)

Jack

WTF is the $50 @Francisco is chattering about?

Why didn't this merger thing happen?
Just some disagreement which was the final straw with it going pear shape, I don't want to say to much.

Merger didn't happen, no big deal, so what is the problem then? Everything looks okay from a distance...
Everything's fine in the eyes of the public, Just a few person disagreements between myself and HTTPZoom.

I thought they had controlled the brand for about a month now. This must be a financial mess in terms of tax purposes etc.
They didn't have access to anything other than a limited WHMCS account don't you worry, I'll throw you a PM shortly with some more info on it and how far it actually got.

Looks like they just got some nice publicity out of the "Merger" that didn't happen.

All the best Jack :)
Thanks bud.

Any hint would be appreciated.

PS Nice UK location.
Can't say too much and thanks.

nunim

VPS Junkie
If I was one of your customers I would be jumping ship..

It was a sale not a merger. Not really sure why you posted this on multiple forums either, shouldn't this be an email to your actual customers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

If I was one of your customers I would be jumping ship..

It was a sale not a merger. Not really sure why you posted this on multiple forums either, shouldn't this be an email to your actual customers?
It's a copy of the email I sent to customers, It was a sale due to a reason that was out of my control, I didn't want to sell but I had no choice.

I wouldn't really call it a 'sale' as such either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chronic

I'm actually somewhat glad about this. I picked up one of the DotVPS offers on LET that was posted by the HTTPGroup representative and from reading their comments, they seemed like they didn't know what they were selling - made me a tad suspicious. We'll see what kind of an impression I get of DotVPS, but so far so good and the service itself has been great as well.

Alto

Strange times. HTTPZoom always seemed like a pretty professional outfit in the past, so all of this seems a little bit odd. 

Shame it didn't work out for you Jack, but from a consumer point of view I'd prefer there to be a bit more competition in the UK lowend market, so it's good you're sticking around and not just shutting up shop.

Jack

I'm actually somewhat glad about this. I picked up one of the DotVPS offers on LET that was posted by the HTTPGroup representative and from reading their comments, they seemed like they didn't know what they were selling - made me a tad suspicious. We'll see what kind of an impression I get of DotVPS, but so far so good and the service itself has been great as well.
Fantastic. 

Strange times. HTTPZoom always seemed like a pretty professional outfit in the past, so all of this seems a little bit odd. 

Shame it didn't work out for you Jack, but from a consumer point of view I'd prefer there to be a bit more competition in the UK lowend market, so it's good you're sticking around and not just shutting up shop.
I'm not questioning the professionalism of HTTPZoom, the direction I have been taking and want to take was different to the direction that HTTP Group were looking to take the business, So different that the purchase would not have been beneficial for customers of DotVPS.

Alto

I'm not questioning the professionalism of HTTPZoom, the direction I have been taking and want to take was different to the direction that HTTP Group were looking to take the business, So different that the purchase would not have been beneficial for customers of DotVPS.

I didn't intend to imply you were, I was the one making that suggestion (mainly based off the fact they started selling under the new brand/company before the deal was done). It's the sort of thing I'd expect from some of the less professional players in the market, but not from a company that previously always seemed pretty spot-on.

I'm also curious how things got to such an advanced stage given that there were clearly big differences in your approaches; again, I would have expected a company of their stature to walk away from a deal immediately if it was clear the brand they were taking on wasn't a good fit for their business model.

DearLeaderJohn

I would have expected a company of their stature to walk away from a deal immediately if it was clear the brand they were taking on wasn't a good fit for their business model.
That is a very good point; surely you would've evaluated what each brand envisioned as it's ideal client

amuck-landowner