amuck-landowner

Control panels!

agentmishra

out of the list of control panels available, either closed sourced or open-sourced, proprietary or non-proprietary....

i see almost every month a couple of new control panels in news.

some support 64bit some dont. some support Debian some only Centos

out of the whole list, i used to favor/use/support/and advocated for kloxo, but its not being actively developed.

than came kloxo-mr a fork with only 1 version released (as much as i can recollect) in the past around 3year

then i started using on of the free panels vestacp. here also they arent developing as per their roadmap.

the paid panels are good, i have used/and am using cpanel. its getting regular updates.

no idea about plesk.

webmin and virtualmin and usermin are getting regular updates.

similarly if you talk about the virtualization cp's

virtualizor recently is being vigorously/rigorously developed.

can i request the viewers to keep adding to this thread the list of all cp's which are being developed, not being developed, features being added.

and for those viewers who use the ssh and no cp, may write in small tutorials about managing vps, dedis etc in here.

i feel it will be a good idea and a great help to the newbies as well to the oldies.

thanks and regards

Mid

your question could have been like "What are the popular/active CPs?" (instead of a history)

but, I mention one here that the hosting industry largely neglected despite its good and been for more than 10 years I think. (may be its because people don't want to try new things)

Its called "InterWorx" a good panel. (used it on shared hosting some years back)

ps: somebody launched a free hosting recently (probably securedragon guys) and it uses IWorx. Probably he is the only one here who uses iworx.

agentmishra

your question could have been like "What are the popular/active CPs?" (instead of a history)

but, I mention one here that the hosting industry largely neglected despite its good and been for more than 10 years I think. (may be its because people don't want to try new things)

Its called "InterWorx" a good panel. (used it on shared hosting some years back)

ps: somebody launched a free hosting recently (probably securedragon guys) and it uses IWorx. Probably he is the only one here who uses iworx.
is intorworx ipvx and clustering capable?

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Just sticking a note in about Clustering and OpenVZ - earlier in the year clustering was written out of Interworx if you were on an OpenVZ kernel because of the lack of NFS support. I had it pretty well licked until that update, I just haven't been able to get back to it. If you want to utilize that option you'll either need CLI knowledge to administer nfs manually or use a KVM or dedi.

Serveo

Verified Provider
For hosting servers we use DirectAdmin (CentOS based but we run it with CloudLinux) It's a good CP for a few bucks. In NL its one of the biggest CP's and also has clustering options.

Our cloud runs on Onapp CP (CentOS based)

Ravi-EstroWeb

Kloxo-MR is best free Control panel till now  , also daily development is there.

It also supports various 3rd party apllications too

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Just sticking a note in about Clustering and OpenVZ - earlier in the year clustering was written out of Interworx if you were on an OpenVZ kernel because of the lack of NFS support. I had it pretty well licked until that update, I just haven't been able to get back to it. If you want to utilize that option you'll either need CLI knowledge to administer nfs manually or use a KVM or dedi.
Or not use NFS at all because it's terrible. Why oh why would people want to use NFS when the IOPS are hilariously bad.

As for panels, the main ones only support CentOS because RHEL always has long lasting support for their products which means they don't have to worry about some big change coming and breaking everything. cPanel used to support FreeBSD and a few things like that but I'm fairly sure they stopped because it was too hard to maintain.

There was talk about them generalizing their packaging engine and adding Ubuntu support but that went up in smoke almost as quick as it was posted.

Francisco

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Just want to point out that the free hosting project is by me alone, not affiliated with Secure Dragon except that I use one of our VPSs for outbound spam filtering.

Interworx is awesome and aside from one security issue I've found (and reported) and one undocumented API "gotcha", it's been solid and will continue writing a WHMCS replacement based around it.

agentmishra

Kloxo-MR is best free Control panel till now  , also daily development is there.

It also supports various 3rd party apllications too
Ravi

do you really mean "DAILY development"

because i do not even see a yearly development...

i may be mistaken, kindly point it out to me

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Ravi

do you really mean "DAILY development"

because i do not even see a yearly development...

i may be mistaken, kindly point it out to me
Make sure you look at Kloxo-MR, it's a fork of the code done by a fellow in India that does it for a living I think.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
i knew kloxo-mr was by mustafa ramadhan, somebody from indonesia.

but its not regularly updated, i feel just one release.
i knew kloxo-mr was by mustafa ramadhan, somebody from indonesia.

but its not regularly updated, i feel just one release.
Oh was it Indonesia?

Well, I always used his development builds which he updates pretty often. He hasn't put out a 'stable' branch

in a while.

Francisco

amuck-landowner