amuck-landowner

Crissic making a return

Mayers

Verified Provider
Just found this in my email today.

Experience the exciting relaunch and revamp of Crissic! (Backed by QuadraNet, Inc.) – Introducing limited-time LAUNCH SPECIALS on Virtual Dedicated Servers!

We’re pleased to announce that as of late 2015, we have acquired Crissic Solutions. Prior to this acquisition, this brand was chiefly focused on what would be considered “budget” KVM and OpenVZ-based virtual private servers. With the relaunch of Crissic, we’re excited that we have now shifted this brand’s emphasis on providing premium virtual dedicated servers (VDS) backed by the seasoned parent company QuadraNet, Inc.

Today, we are pleased to announce that Crissic has now re-launched with an upscale user experience and service offering in more locations than ever before!

Our premium KVM-based virtual dedicated servers are powered by enterprise-grade and fault-tolerant hypervisors that consist of Dual Quad Core processors, a hefty amount of RAM, new Seagate Constellation ES.3 enterprise-grade drives (128MB Cache per drive) all in a hardware RAID-10 configuration utilizing LSI controllers with Cache-Vault Modules (CVM) for optimum performance and data protection. Hypervisor/node capacities are strictly monitored to ensure consistently premium performance and access to hardware resources. All hardware has undergone extensive stress/load testing to ensure that it is designed and capable of handling resource-intensive, real life use cases; clients can expect consistent performance that rivals that of a dedicated server, but NOW with the added benefits of fault-tolerance/data-preservation measures typically only available on extremely high-end server infrastructures while having the scalability flexibility that only a virtualized environment allows!

Check out our new line up of premium Virtual Dedicated Servers plans which are available in Los Angeles, Dallas, and Miami*: http://www.crissic.net/virtual-servers.html

[SIZE=xx-small]*Future locations in both Chicago and Atlanta will be available (and announced) in a short period of time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Take 25% Off Any Virtual Dedicated Server! Promo Code: RELAUNCH[/SIZE]

Popular add-ons (such as 24/7 Server Management, cPanel, DirectAdmin, or additional hardware) are available during the order-form checkout process.

As always, we’re available 24x7x365 ([email protected]) to assist and address any matters or feedback!

Thank You,

Management Team
Crissic Solutions (Now backed by QuadraNet, Inc.)
http://www.crissic.net/

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Crissic did what it did really well.  It had a following because things worked, the staff worked hard, and the prices were low (and yes they were sustainable  / profitable).  That day is gone.  

You can't sell 1GB KVM for $30 a month.  Won't happen and wouldn't 5 years ago.  It isn't premium even if you tried to lie better.  Maybe managed if panel included and actual humans behind it.

The industry and world moved on.  Prices collapsed on dedis, tons of superior competitors with actual staff that is responsive, that is trained, etc.  So these offers look like a parody of 2005.

Nothing to see here. Shame.

willie

Wow, I just looked at prgmr.com pricing and they've dropped a ton, so they are competitive with DO/Vultr now (though monthly billing).  Pretty cool.  They were much higher til fairly recently.  The new Crissic offer could in principle be an IP laundering scheme, but if they claim to be selling a lot more of them than they really are, will they report the inflated revenue to the IRS and pay tax on it?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wow, I just looked at prgmr.com pricing and they've dropped a ton, so they are competitive with DO/Vultr now (though monthly billing).  Pretty cool.  They were much higher til fairly recently.  The new Crissic offer could in principle be an IP laundering scheme, but if they claim to be selling a lot more of them than they really are, will they report the inflated revenue to the IRS and pay tax on it?

Nice find there (prgmr.com) with Xen folks who actually know what they doing.

willie

Yeah I'm tempted to buy a prgmr vps just as a thumbs up, but I don't have any use for it and prgmr is a small enough shop that Luke would probably notice and wonder what went wrong if I cancelled a few months later.

On the disappointing side, he seems to have stopped offering dedi and colo hosting, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

RNuser36680

Wow

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner