amuck-landowner

Crissic Solutions LLC - You Asked, We Delivered!

budi1413

Nah, leb offers is boring now. It's from the same provider again and again. Or maybe there are no more new quality provider?

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Hmm, this is interesting. Didn't even realize they pulled it till I came over here and saw this thread.

I would also like to note that another LEB post vanished the other day, unfortunately I don't recall the provider's name though.

Quite bad really, a host spends quite a bit of time preparing for it, buys new hardware then has the AD pulled, that can be quite a stab in the back for some smaller hosts financially.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Yes I saw it, what's going on? I mean what's the reason?
From what I can see, Asim posted it, Maartin didn't like that I was posted so soon since my last post, and had it removed 6 hours later. I understand where he's coming from, but plans had already been made around that post already being there, which had been up for 6 hours, and now that's all screwed because one person backtracked on what was already listed.

Saw we got the listing, so we ordered in extra hardware to accommodate what the post would likely net sales wise, and these servers aren't cheap so now it's just throwing money at something we didn't need now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Saw we got the listing, so we ordered in extra hardware to accommodate what the post would likely net sales wise, and these servers aren't cheap so now it's just throwing money at something we didn't need now.
Come on now, upgrading to new node makes good business sense.   If sales are slow due to such, just offer migration of existing customers to the new hardware :)

I know LEB makes cash registers ring, but it's more hassle over there than anything these days.   I'd never spend 5 cents preparing new hardware due to orders allegedly from LEB.  Too volatile and certain to ding you.  If you did that and were dinged, live and learn.  Time for new marketplaces.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Come on now, upgrading to new node makes good business sense.   If sales are slow due to such, just offer migration of existing customers to the new hardware :)

I know LEB makes cash registers ring, but it's more hassle over there than anything these days.   I'd never spend 5 cents preparing new hardware due to orders allegedly from LEB.  Too volatile and certain to ding you.  If you did that and were dinged, live and learn.  Time for new marketplaces.
Oh yeah it won't be a loss by any means, just means we'll be upgrading existing clients a bit faster than planned :)

switsys

Oh yeah it won't be a loss by any means, just means we'll be upgrading existing clients a bit faster than planned :)
That is GOOD NEWS !!

Maybe GOD pulled your ad at LEB...

He could be thinking that you should have informed us existing customers about this BEFORE bragging about it all over the internet :D

SkylarM

Verified Provider
That is GOOD NEWS !!

Maybe GOD pulled your ad at LEB...

He could be thinking that you should have informed us existing customers about this BEFORE bragging about it all over the internet :D
Ha! I've not sent out a customer email yet because I don't want everyone demanding a migration to the new node. When we get the new one in and setup (likely Friday) i'll do an email and start some migrations per client request (we are doing a few now as is, but shh don't tell everyone -- just put in a ticket).

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Kvm node also upgraded?
KVM is something that would happen after OpenVZ upgrades occur. OVZ has been our focus and will remain as our focus for the time being. I would like to perform a similar upgrade to KVM though.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I find it troubling that they pulled Crissic's ad, but we see that vpsAce ad up there on LEB today.   That's a company that was hacked and crypto key stolen and with credit cards and other stuff free for picking from the dump.       Plus they just were posted as an offer in past month (plus other same company offers 15+ times this year).

People need to start pushing for disclosure and transparency, especially providers who are being jacked like this - pulled, sitting in queue for eternity, etc.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I find it troubling that they pulled Crissic's ad, but we see that vpsAce ad up there on LEB today.   That's a company that was hacked and crypto key stolen and with credit cards and other stuff free for picking from the dump.       Plus they just were posted as an offer in past month (plus other same company offers 15+ times this year).

People need to start pushing for disclosure and transparency, especially providers who are being jacked like this - pulled, sitting in queue for eternity, etc.
I'm all for the posters at LEB making a proactive effort to "protect the community" from hosts, but only if they do so fairly. Especially when their offers each month get the same replies of "don't trust these guys, here's why" etc. Why be proactive about one company, and then seemingly ignore everything else when it comes to a company like that. It's hard to say there isn't some level of favoritism involved.

As an example, my very first post they went through the effort and trouble of tracking down threads from I think 2007 from the original Crissic, and said the following:
9Nd.png

Feel free to post stuff like that, but only if it's done fairly for each host listed. Don't pick and chose which ones you decide to include additional information on.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Not to be* pessimistic, but on your post you say your on par with SSD and upgraded to X5560.  The L5639 is faster and newer than the X5560, and even though sequential speeds might be as fast with 12xSATA, random I/O, which is the most important in VPS hosting, is still going to be far slower.  The only thing that might help is the cache on the RAID card, but that is likely used pretty quickly with that much storage.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I agree regarding SSD. We're talking ideal speeds, not in regards to the random I/O. DD tests is all people seem to care about unfortunately.

We're using X5660's not X5560's, looks like I typo'd what the actual CPU specs are. DOH!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Yes, I was just about to edit my post as I saw in serverbear it was 5660.  Now, that is a nice processor ;)
Well that's embarrassing. Two people proofed the article, and we missed that we said 5560 instead of 5660. Good catch :p

Our nodes DO have room for 2 2.5" SSD's if we determine that SSD caching would be of any value. No plans to add that at the present moment though.

amuck-landowner