amuck-landowner

Curtis Last Day at URPad - May 31st

JDiggity

Wow now Curtis needs a new job!  That sucks bro.  At least you can throw ads on this site and maybe make some cash- LOL!

Ivan

Verified Provider
I wouldn't mind ads on here at all so that Curtis can keep the community alive. As long as nothing sketchy is going on :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Didn't Curtis quit URPad? I thought he gave 2 weeks notice around the time LETer migrated here? Am I mistaken?

JDiggity

@Ivan,@KuJoe, According to what I read. He quit as he didn't want to relocate to Houston. So basically it forced him to quit.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
LOL at this discussion. Yes, tomorrow will be my last day. I've got some leads elsewhere.

Root Level Tech (who now owns URPad) seems like a great company, I think it's awesome they all work in-house in an office near Houston, just a short drive from the datacenter where they've got a cage that houses equipment for some of their other brands and some future nodes for URPad. I could/would probably learn a new thing or two, as well. I was made an offer to move down to Houston, it wasn't a bad offer, but I declined it for a few reasons. Actually, if anyone is already in the Houston area looking for a job then you may be able to get on board with RLT. It includes great health/dental/vision benefits and all that jazz. It would have been a decent pay raise and the benefits would have been nice, but I just had to decline. Me saying 'No' was equal to putting in my two-week notice.

I like living where I am living now. I can live modestly and continue to save, I live in a safe small town around people I enjoy. I'm not a fan of major cities and don't want to jump into the rat race if I can help it.

Now, I don't necessarily have anything else lined up at the moment, but like I said up top I've got some leads and am working on it. :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude, Good to hear. Still would love for you to work for BuyVM. Or start a 3rd party support company.
Haha. BuyVM would be a fun company to work for but I'm thinking bigger. My skillset probably wouldn't benefit them much anyhow, to be honest. I've got some leads with some large companies where I can literally just do my job 5 days a week, 40 hours, 'normal' American working hours. I clock in, I bust ass doing tickets and chats, I've got a couple regulated breaks, finish up work. And I'm done for the day. It's Friday, don't have to work till Monday again type jobs.

Get some 125x ad spots up, I am happy to contribute to your empire :)
This site is already paid for 3 months in advanced. Way too soon and too young of a site to try to put ads up on. :)

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I like living where I am living now. I can live modestly and continue to save, I live in a safe small town around people I enjoy. I'm not a fan of major cities and don't want to jump into the rat race if I can help it.
So true. Family, friends, neighbors, small town feeling is something you cannot buy, just enjoy.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
How much for a year?

Mun
Hard to tell. I'll reevaluate the needs of the site closer to towards the end of the existing billing period. We're growing daily so in a couple months I may need to consider upgrading.

Mun

Never Forget
Hard to tell. I'll reevaluate the needs of the site closer to towards the end of the existing billing period. We're growing daily so in a couple months I may need to consider upgrading.

I can't make that type of donation, mind setting out a value?

Mun

A Jump From Let

Actually IPB are almost the most expensive forums, well correct me if I'm wrong, that'll be added to hosting charges, so no doubt there should be ways to at the very least cover some expenses. IMO it's justified to have ads right from the start, but that's up to MannDude, but if MannDude doesn't want ads, maybe he can send its revenue to one "chosen" forum member, just kiddin  :p 

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Well, I offer to host it for free. In case you won't accept that, I will host it for 99 cents/mo. :lol:

The other option would be to set up a donation button. Heck, if each member would contribute $5 the forum would be taken care for for a while. Of course, the other thing to consider is that moderator and admins should be paid as well. At the end of the day what they are doing is work, and money (no matter how little) is always a good incentive.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Heh, if @MannDude decides to keep hosting with us and the cost ever got prohibited, I would honestly have no problem with just absorbing the costs into my budget.  Only on the condition that we didn't get ad space, 'hosted by' notices, or any other special privs/etc though.  We like this place, and don't want to screw things up  B)

amuck-landowner