amuck-landowner

Datacenter locations and companies I don't like.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Locations or companies you should avoid:

1. ColoCrossing

2. ChicagoVPS

3. BuffaloVPS (remember)

4. UGVPS

5. ServerMania

6. SSDVPS

7. ACEVPS

8. SolveDDoS

9.  All other ServerMania companies.

SrsX

Banned
So, wait, let me get this right... You dislike those places and so now everybody in the world should avoid them...?

I'm sorry, but that's just idiotic.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
So, wait, let me get this right... You dislike those places and so now everybody in the world should avoid them...?

Not quite.  Folks here state their opinions; if asked, they're usually happy to elaborate on why they think so.  Nobody is required to believe them or accept an opinion as universal fact.

In fact, if more people would realize this, you would see MUCH less drama :p

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

I feel for the REAL companies that choose these turkeys for their provider.

I should document why to avoid:

1. ColoCrossing

Known for corruption and running unfair marketplace that promotes their interests (sub companies, "investments" and customers) LET and LEB.  Ill gotten IP allocations, IP fraud and constant blacklisted IPs due to phishing, spam, etc.

2. ChicagoVPS

Hacked twice in 12 months.  Failed to notify government regulators and card issuers about compromises.   Proven to run shell companies and engage in other fraud like employing imaginary employees and an active identity thief.

3. BuffaloVPS (remember)

Proven ChicagoVPS front company.  Called out repeatedly by LEAdmin.  Ultimatum was ChicagoVPS offers or BuffaloVPS offers.  Away went BuffaloVPS.

4. UGVPS

Proven ChicagoVPS front company.  Involved in identity theft.   Female owner Crystal was / is really two dudes named Thomas and Chris.  Lied in listing(s) that Atlanta was Colo@ when in fact was ColoCrossing.

5. ServerMania

ColoCrossing partner.  Similar antics.  Dozens of shell companies posing now as Biloh's "investments" logic.

6. SSDVPS

ServerMania owned shell company misrepresenting themselves as being unrelated.

7. ACEVPS

Hacked once.  All details including credit cards available.  No reporting to authorities and banking interests. Proven Chris N controlled company. Chris N works for ServerMania in a senior position.  

8. SolveDDoS

Proven Chris N controlled company. Chris N works for ServerMania in a senior position.  

9. All other ServerMania companies (Aim2Game)

See above.

SrsX

Banned
I feel for the REAL companies that choose these turkeys for their provider.

I should document why to avoid:

1. ColoCrossing

Known for corruption and running unfair marketplace that promotes their interests (sub companies, "investments" and customers) LET and LEB.  Ill gotten IP allocations, IP fraud and constant blacklisted IPs due to phishing, spam, etc.

2. ChicagoVPS

Hacked twice in 12 months.  Failed to notify government regulators and card issuers about compromises.   Proven to run shell companies and engage in other fraud like employing imaginary employees and an active identity thief.

3. BuffaloVPS (remember)

Proven ChicagoVPS front company.  Called out repeatedly by LEAdmin.  Ultimatum was ChicagoVPS offers or BuffaloVPS offers.  Away went BuffaloVPS.

4. UGVPS

Proven ChicagoVPS front company.  Involved in identity theft.   Female owner Crystal was / is really two dudes named Thomas and Chris.  Lied in listing(s) that Atlanta was Colo@ when in fact was ColoCrossing.

5. ServerMania

ColoCrossing partner.  Similar antics.  Dozens of shell companies posing now as Biloh's "investments" logic.

6. SSDVPS

ServerMania owned shell company misrepresenting themselves as being unrelated.

7. ACEVPS

Hacked once.  All details including credit cards available.  No reporting to authorities and banking interests. Proven Chris N controlled company. Chris N works for ServerMania in a senior position.  

8. SolveDDoS

Proven Chris N controlled company. Chris N works for ServerMania in a senior position.  

9. All other ServerMania companies (Aim2Game)

See above.
Actually ACEVPS wasn't just hacked once but twice, 2 days apart from eachother. It was even defaced.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Did he say that too :) ? OMG. 

CC has been an organized spam abuse network for what? Years?

He also said more notoriously that you'd never see a DDoS from their network.
Ohhhh... I think it was the DDoS Comment that I mistook as the Spam comment.

peterw

I started the topic in the wrong way. Sorry!

I am fed up with all the same offers from the same locations. I am fed up with providers like Hetzner who oversell their network. I am fed up with providers offering dirty ips. I am fed up with whole subnets marked as bad but sold to new customers.

I thought the vps market is dead. I searched for dedicated servers and found the same kind of business I am trying to escape.

SrsX

Banned
How dare you insult Hetzner, they're a amazing provider. Their IP range isn't ...that... dirty. Mad about ips and subnets? Well ask your provider for a 5 ip addresses each on a different subnet and see what they tell you. I did it once and they had no issue doing that. Bare in mind, I asked a Russian service provider... so...

amuck-landowner