amuck-landowner

Datashack yay or nay?

atho

Looking to get a dedi from Datashack. Mainly for a few Minecraft/Game servers. I see a lot of mixed reviews about them and people complaining about poor network.

If not any recommendations hoping to be between 50-60ish. Would like ability to self reinstall OS either via panel or IPMI. Would love a quick turnaround on deployment :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Their network is meh.  Like el cheapo blend dual homed big picture.  Nothing to write home about.  It is the same story probably in every other MCI/Kansas City provider.   Unsure why KC providers are all with the same bandwidth blend.  Even those at other loccations/facilities.

Depends on which facility they are putting you into also... unsure if they are just provisioning in the new facility, but that has been issues in past with high thermals and lack of enough HVAC tonnage.  Summer is coming.

You get what you pay for at that price and a dedi, even with those warnings.  Sounds like a personal server, so that should be fine.

atho

I currently have one of the WSI's from a while ago. So basically same as that with network.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You should be fine then and know what to expect.

At last check, those two companies have quite a bit of overlap in ownership, staff, etc.

earl

I have the $25 server from Datashack  and for the past couple of days, network has been experiencing packet loss..My server with wholesale is fine thought.

I would stay away from Datashack for the time being..

amuck-landowner