amuck-landowner

DC in Canada for colo?

dcdan

Verified Provider
We looking for a decent place to colo a few dozen servers in Canada. It kind of sucks being a Canadian provider with multiple racks across the US and EU but zero presence in Canada... Any recommendations?

nunim

VPS Junkie
Peer1?  Toronto or Vancouver, probably the best you'll find in Canada.  From what I can tell, having a POP in Canada doesn't always make sense if you're trying to target the Canadian market as most traffic (at least from Vancouver) will go SEA > CHI > NYC > Toronto/Montreal 

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Peer1 is pretty awesome and nice network from Toronto to Vancouver.

One built out location to search for: 151 Front Street in Toronto.  Probably every provider has something there.

dcdan

Verified Provider
The problem with Toronto seems to be that every place we talked to had ridiculous transit prices (in comparison to USA). It is not like Hong Kong, but pretty close in some cases. I should have probably clarified this... Unfortunately, 151 Front Street is not much better in that regard (also, most providers at 151 seem to have no space left). Is there a decent place where a flat GigE blend would cost around $1k?

PS. We've been trying to talk to peer1 for months now, so far we could not get even a single quote out of them. They always seem to have e-mail issues. Then, when they fixed their email system, our rep left Peer1, then something else happened, in the end after months of back and forth we got zero quotes if you can believe it. Maybe it is bad luck, but if we have these issues during the sales stage, I can only imagine what their RH will be like.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
151 Front is filled.  There is a second location that isn't filled on Front.  I forget the address..  Search should find it.

amuck-landowner