amuck-landowner

Debian Founder, Ian Murdock, has passed away

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
oh wait, from the register

According to the San Francisco police, officers were called to Steiner and Union St in the city at 11.30pm on Saturday, December 26, following reports of a man trying to break into a home – that man was identified as Ian Murdock. He reportedly fought with the cops, and was given a ticket for two counts of assault and one for obstruction of an officer. The techie had been drinking, according to the police logs. A medic arrived to treat an abrasion to Murdock's forehead, and he was released so he could be taken to hospital.

A few hours later, on Sunday, December 27 at 2.40am, police were called again to reports of Murdock banging on the door of a neighbor at the very same block. A medic arrived to treat him for any injuries at the scene. Next, the cops took Murdock to the county jail where he was held in a cell.

Murdock was bailed later that day, on Sunday, after a bond, said to be $25,000, was paid. He died the next day.

His family has asked people to respect their privacy during this difficult time.

Licensecart

This is his Twitter - what Archive was able to grab:

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20151229122811/https:/twitter.com/imurdock

Ian Murdock@imurdock 2日2 天前

I am a white male, make a lot money, pay a lot of money in taxes, and yet their abuse is equally doned out. DO NOT CROSS THEM!

2 則轉推 3 個喜歡

This was right after the female officer ripped off my underwear.. I guess that's not considered rape if you're not a woman being raped.

15 則轉推 11 個喜歡

"We're the police, we can do whatever the fuck we want.."

13 則轉推 4 個喜歡

What does one have to get education wise to become a police officer.. asking for a friend.

3 則轉推 6 個喜歡

The rest of my life is to fight against the police.. they are NOT friends, so don't ever ever believe otherwise.

18 則轉推 12 個喜歡

The police are uneducated, evil, and sadistic. Do not trust them.

13 則轉推 12 個喜歡

(2/2) They are uneducated, bitter, and and only interested in power for its own sake. Contact me [email protected] if you can help. -ian

19 則轉推 11 個喜歡

(1/2) The rest of my life will be devoted to fighting against police abuse.. I'm white, I made $1.4 million last year,

30 則轉推 15 個喜歡

i'm hoping coming from a successful white guy it will help everyone

0 則轉推 2 個喜歡

i'm going to post my case on my blog.. if anyone can post it on hacker news or wherever i would apprieciate it

8 則轉推 11 個喜歡

@jacksormwriter wants me dead

0 則轉推 1 個喜歡

Writing up my experience for others to hopefully prevent others from police abuse then you won't hear from me again

5 則轉推 7 個喜歡

where they put you in a cell with absolutely no instructions whatever aside from the spell on the floor in piss?

1 則轉推 3 個喜歡

shall i post pictures for all my bruises from my against the police officers?

2 則轉推 7 個喜歡

•  

•  

WfvEB6rR_bigger.pngIan Murdock@imurdock 2日2 天前

they said no

1 則轉推 1 個喜歡

i asked if they had cameras

1 則轉推 1 個喜歡

then followed my home from there

1 則轉推 1 個喜歡

i had to have swtitches

1 則轉推 1 個喜歡

then they pulled me out of my house and did it again

7 則轉推 1 個喜歡

they followed me home

4 則轉推 1 個喜歡

This bit is scary... I wonder if he died a few after that.

Code:
Ian Murdock ‏@imurdock  2日2 天前 查看翻譯
Writing up my experience for others to hopefully prevent others from police abuse then you won't hear from me again
5 則轉推 7 個喜歡
回覆   轉推  5   
喜歡 7  
更多

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
oh wait, from the register

Still that police event account doesn't even add up... no one has a drunk night then ends up dead the next day... Something is up here and I never believe a guy was depressed and self purged unless non police investigate (coroner) and make a sound evidence based determination.

San Fran is a nice place to visit, but like all cities, living in such, meh, bad social experiment under oppressive regime.  Police should be worried about implications in this case.

texteditor

Still that police event account doesn't even add up... no one has a drunk night then ends up dead the next day... Something is up here and I never believe a guy was depressed and self purged unless non police investigate (coroner) and make a sound evidence based determination.

San Fran is a nice place to visit, but like all cities, living in such, meh, bad social experiment under oppressive regime.  Police should be worried about implications in this case.

yeah, i'm not going to jump to a conspracy when all his tweets point towards 'someone losing touch with reality/very depressed'

occam's razor and all, he seems to just handle being arrested (twice) very poorly, got very bent out of shape about it then suicided

texteditor

Still that police event account doesn't even add up... no one has a drunk night then ends up dead the next day...

Tons of seemingly well-adjusted people kill themselves after a bad drunken night, especially around this time of year

edit: apparently at least one in three successful suicides is accompanied by heavy alcohol usage beforehand

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Tons of seemingly well-adjusted people kill themselves after a bad drunken night, especially around this time of year

edit: apparently at least one in three successful suicides is accompanied by heavy alcohol usage beforehand

Well adjusted isn't factored in the alcohol preceded suicides... of course I assume the fellow was well adjusted.

From here I can't see why the guy would have self harmed.. potential is there, but meh... odd age to go suicide mode and from sociographic I'd guess is less inclined to such extreme self harm.

Sanity thing to scrutinize the event and see it handled professionally and accurately.  Otherwise we condone suiciding to get rid of 'problem' people.

RLT

Note the abrasion to forehead. Incoherent outspoken unruly all symptoms of a concussion or other brain injury a subdural hematoma could have resulted from what ever gave the abrasion and eventually killed him.

Seen a bunch of er docs let them slip by over the years.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Note the abrasion to forehead. Incoherent outspoken unruly all symptoms of a concussion or other brain injury a subdural hematoma could have resulted from what ever gave the abrasion and eventually killed him.

Seen a bunch of er docs let them slip by over the years.

I definitely can see this probability.  I would have expected Murdock to have went to the ER and to be insured / able to afford... typically they take head trauma seriously, these days.   Years ago they just were like rest of society for the most part unless it was visbily obvious that demolition occurred.  I point to pro athletes and repetitive head trauma and the lack of anything until the last 10 years roughly.

Still bad docs out there and difficult patients that make doing the work more difficult.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

Actually a friend of mine in college committed suicide after a heavy night of drinking and then a fight with some... close friends of his.  

It's a messed up situation, definitely something not right.  But can't really tell anyone "hey don't ever make big decisions while drunk".  

fm7

7:12pm: I am a white male, make a lot money, pay a lot of money in taxes, and yet their abuse is equally doned out. DO NOT CROSS THEM!
7:08pm: This was right after the female officer ripped off my underwear.. I guess that's not considered rape if you're not a woman being raped.
7:03pm: "We're the police, we can do whatever the fuck we want.."
6:49pm: What does one have to get education wise to become a police officer.. asking for a friend.
6:42pm: The rest of my life is to fight against the police.. they are NOT friends, so don't ever ever believe otherwise.
6:41pm: The police are uneducated, evil, and sadistic. Do not trust them.
6:33pm: (2/2) They are uneducated, bitter, and and only interested in power for its own sake. Contact me [email protected] if you can help. -ian
6:31pm: (1/2) The rest of my life will be devoted to fighting against police abuse.. I'm white, I made $1.4 million last year,
6:07pm: i'm hoping coming from a successful white guy it will help everyone
6:06pm: i'm going to post my case on my blog.. if anyone can post it on hacker news or wherever i would apprieciate it
6:00pm: @jacksormwriter wants me dead
5:48pm: Writing up my experience for others to hopefully prevent others from police abuse then you won't hear from me again
5:45pm: where they put you in a cell with absolutely no instructions whatever aside from the spell on the floor in piss?
5:45pm: shall i post pictures for all my bruises from my against the police officers?
5:38pm: they said no
5:38pm: i asked if they had cameras
5:37pm: then followed my home from there
5:37pm: i had to have swtitches
5:36pm: then they pulled me out of my house and did it again
5:36pm: they followed me home
5:36pm: i had to go to the hospital
5:35pm: they beat the shit out of me twice, then charged me $25,000 to get out of jail for battery against THEM
5:34pm: if anyone wants to come over and see what the police did to me i would be more than happy for that
5:30pm: I'm not committing suicide today. I'll write this all up first, so the police brutality ENDEMIC in this so call free country will be known.
5:27pm: Maybe my suicide at this, you now, a successful business man, not a NIGGER, will finally bring some attention to this very serious issue.
5:25pm: My career is over now, so I'll be gone soon.
5:23pm: Quote: "We're the police, we always win."
5:22pm: I'll write more much later. They still don't have cameras on all police so I'm going to use my somewhat celebrity to hopefully stop this.
5:21pm: My bail for "assault against a police officer" are all that: $25,000.
5:20pm: Then beat me up some more.
5:20pm: I'll write more on my blog later. But the police here beat me up for knowing on my neighbor's door.. they sent me to the hospital.
5:17pm: https://t.co/I1CSCJErWf
5:14pm: watch my blog later http://ianmurdock.com
5:13pm: i'm committing suicide tonight.. do not intervene as i have many stories to tell and do not want them to die with me #debian #runnerkristy67

http://pastebin.com/yk8bgru5

fm7

Police confirm Ian Murdock arrest before suicide

San Francisco police spokeswoman Officer Grace Gatpandan confirmed Thursday that Murdock was arrested early Sunday morning after he was found yelling and screaming outside a residence in the 2400 block of Green Street.

Police were first called to the Green Street address in the Pacific Heights neighborhood at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday on a report someone was trying to break into a residence there, Gatpandan said.

They found Murdock nearby at Steiner and Union streets and detained him because he matched the description of the person trying to break in. He was belligerent with the officers and appeared to be drunk, she said.

When he was put in the back of a patrol car as police investigated, he became violent, banging his head on the metal cage separating the back from the front seat, causing an abrasion on his forehead, Gatpandan said.

They pulled him from the car to keep him from harming himself and he continued fighting with the officers, she said. Eventually medics were called to treat him and they took him to a hospital.

But a few hours later, at 2:40 a.m., police responded to the same address on reports that Murdock had returned, banging on the door and yelling. When they detained him, he allegedly fought with the officers again, Gatpandan said.

Since it was clear he would likely continue coming back, the officers decided to take him to jail on suspicion of four misdemeanor counts, including resisting arrest and assaulting emergency personnel. Before he could go, he was examined by medics and cleared, Gatpandan said.

He didn’t indicate at any point in the jail booking process that he was suicidal and was medically examined again in jail, she said.

On Monday, police returned to the 2400 block of Green Street on reports of a possible suicide. The city medical examiner’s office confirmed Murdock was found dead there.

http://sfbay.ca/2015/12/31/police-confirm-ian-murdock-arrest-before-suicide/

amuck-landowner