amuck-landowner

Dedicated server for 3 €

Gary

They refunded mine, which I paid for via my Paypal Visa.

I read that they were refunding Paypal payments because of resellers, so I assumed that's what the problem was, and re-ordered via a non-Paypal Visa.

Then they took the money from my Paypal Visa again for the first order.

I might be getting two, christ knows what they're playing at.

rds100

Verified Provider
Wait, what? How did they take the money from your card again, after they refunded you? I thought they don't store credit card numbers.

Gary

I've no idea. I assume they reversed the refund or something. I'm baffled either way.

My original order was on 30th July, using the Paypal access card.

They refunded that on 4th August, and I saw on forums/twitter that they were refunding Paypal payments, so I ordered via my CC.

Then on the 6th August they re-took the payment from the Paypal access card, and both my orders are marked as in progress.

"Your order was paid on 30/07/2013 a 14:15:33 - Your order is in progress" - this is the one they originally refunded, then resurrected - 21522123

"Your order was paid on 05/08/2013 a 00:26:53 - Your order is in progress" - this is the one i made via CC - 21826687

I originally thought I might've accidentally re-ordered, but these are the only two invoices listed in OVH manager, and I've only received two emails confirming orders.

Yet, look at my Paypal activity: nycN629.png

You can see the original purchase on the 30th, then the refund on the 4th, then the un-refund on the 6th.

I've no idea what they're playing at, or how (and why?!) they reversed the refund.

I, at no time, have had any correspondence from them saying they'd be refunding/reversing the original Paypal Access Card payment. Could it be that they just refunded ".*Paypal.*" and then later un-refunded ones that weren't actually directly from Paypal accounts?

I don't mind getting two boxes for a few months, but I do mind money jumping in and out of my accounts at will...

atho

I just got my paypal canceled due to "Unfortunately, this payment could not be validated." Funny since i already have two servers with them (kimsufi specials) and one with ovh.com and they have removed my VAT. Will try to order again once the rush dies down.

stim

On 26th July I got teh following:

We confirm the receipt of your payment corresponding to
order number xxxxxxx

Your order will be verified promptly by our team.
The money left my Paypal account and I've heard nothing since. I did receive a control panel login, but there is no server to be found.

Are these guys rubbish or what?

Gary

Are these guys rubbish or what?
Customer service is, and pretty much always has been, crap.

The servers, once they're setup, run perfectly. Good fast network, uptime's fine, no complaints. I've been a customer on and off, directly and indirectly for the last few years.

This current situation is nonsense though. They made a complete arse of the new 2G rollout. They didn't think it through at all. Of course people will jump on a 3 euro dedicated server. Of course resellers will order a hundred of them. Of course there's going to be high demand.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Now this really pisses me off.

I was one of all the people who ordered a small kimsufi when it still said 1 day as delivery day.

Day after i order it changed to 1-10 days.

I ordered July 26th.

Sent a polite ticket via my "manager" area asking when it should be delivered? I have heard nothing from them more then they had accepted my money.

Their reply: this is the professional side of ovh.com. We will not answer your question. You should ask your question in the forum.

WHY?! would a provider have a link to "submit ticket" when it's not to be used?

Later tonight I will go nuts on their forum.

Amitz

Tickets are not for the Kimsufi, but for the OVH customers. The only "support" you receive as Kimsufi customer is their forum...

So that "Submit Ticket" button is just for the people paying more than you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

All I did ask was when I would get my hands on it. Since no one has said jack shit for almost 3 weeks.

But I guess I should be the asshole customer and do a chargeback since I never got what was advertised, in fact I never got anything at all.

pcan

I ordered july 25th during the morning and the server has been activated yesterday at 18:00. They are slowly keeping up with the orders. According to Oles (Octave Klaba) tweets, OVH will clear the backlog by the last week of september at most. This is their plan, and no amount of complaints on the OVH forum will change that - they work this way. If you want to express your opinion to the OVH founder, the main contact point seems to be the @olesovhcom twitter account.

According to my previous experience, the "submit ticket" button does have very little usefulness, unless you pay the optional VIP support fee. As someone said, "OVH support without VIP is just OVH without support".

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Bo

As someone said, "OVH support without VIP is just OVH without support".
Confirming. It took 9 days to receive an initial response for rather simple question (with no anser in their knowkedge base).

The initial response was rather absurd.

Their Twitter accounts ignroes my questions, and all the forums are closed for registrations from my locations.

This is OVH support as is.

365Networks

If you are running anything serious on these, or, expect support like you have normally gotten elsewhere. You NEED the to pay the VIP support fee. They will not give a crap about you otherwise. It just really surprises me when people are expecting support like this, this like that, and prices rock bottom. Just my 2 cents on the situation.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
It's called price dumping and it's illegal, but someone has to file a complaint with congress and pray/bribe so they do something.

However it's sold out, probably just a gimmick deal to grab attention.

mikho

If you are running anything serious on these, or, expect support like you have normally gotten elsewhere. You NEED the to pay the VIP support fee. They will not give a crap about you otherwise. It just really surprises me when people are expecting support like this, this like that, and prices rock bottom. Just my 2 cents on the situation.
What I run on my servers is my business as long as I run stuff accepted by the provider.

When talking about OVH I would never expect much from their support team. But I do expect them to answer or atleast update me WHY the delivery of my order is being delayed and when I can expect it to be delivered.

It's like walking in a store, buy a new stereo, pay for it and walk out of the store empty handed. Only way to know when you can get the stereo is to go back to the store and ask the water fountain if your stereo is there for pickup.

mikho

It's called price dumping and it's illegal, but someone has to file a complaint with congress and pray/bribe so they do something.

However it's sold out, probably just a gimmick deal to grab attention.
It's sold out because of all the attention it got and they didn't have enough to support the demand.

stim

Still waiting for mine. They have the money. I ordered July 26th. Not a peep since then. 

Piss-poor effort from OVH. Why would I order from them again? 

dcdan

Verified Provider
We've been ordering a few of their servers for backups. Website said servers are in stock, well, we only got our first server deployed 3 weeks after payment... The hardware is great though, and the network @gra1 is actually quite good (at least for now).

mikho

3 am this morning I recieved my server information.

Haven't had time yet to try it out but thats todays "assignment".

amuck-landowner