amuck-landowner

Depressing road trip.. need music to Stockholm Syndrome passengers!

WasNotWSS

I think the title said all that has to be said, but-

I'm going to be off to take care of some final business, and I could use some enjoyable music- but I don't just want something annoying that only I can tolerate (I have plenty of 90s trance for that). I want a discography that I can both force my passengers to endure, but have them ultimately enjoy. I'm trying not to just make another classic rock mix- I actually want things that may be new to all of <s>us</s> them!

Generic vaporwave may do as a filler, but "Shooting Stars" will be perfectly fine. Vitas' 7th Element- may, or may not make the list.. they may know it. "The Ketchup Song" is on the shortlist (anything not English, but catchy works). There may be a 10 hour mix (or two), a couple Bloodhound Gang songs- Also, Darude - Sandstorm.

Your suggestions for annoying-but-addictive?

WasNotWSS

I've decided on Trap Gods' "Pumped up Kicks", but not so sure about others. There may be a single Merzbow. There WILL be at least some trance.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
So what did you end up having on your playlist? I am driving from Michigan to Alabama on Wednesday. :)

WasNotWSS

I cheated. I ended up getting a special of Sirius at $25 for 5 months. That gave a nice assortment. When I decided to torture them, I locked in BPM for a couple hours. :D

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I cheated. I ended up getting a special of Sirius at $25 for 5 months. That gave a nice assortment. When I decided to torture them, I locked in BPM for a couple hours. :D

Ah nice. :) I get those all the time for my Car which I rarely use now since I have the jeep and I got 2 free years with it. If you let Sirius lapse for like a day or 2 you start getting good deals.

WasNotWSS

Threatening to cancel for the first few times works- but the truth is, even at $25, I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth since they've changed the lineup. Just like commercial television- there's plenty on, but nothing I care to watch.

I'd suggest making a nice 90s Trance collection; I'm working on a 70 minute one for the single-cd player in my '01 'vert to bump over the weekend. ATC, BT, Chicane, Paul Van Dyk, Rob Dougan...

WasNotWSS

Also, I was subjected to NOTHING but EuroDance while in Sweden. Eventually my ears bled enough that I was deaf to it, but my god it's all the same f'n thing. ALWAYS THE SAME TEMPO, EVEN!?

amuck-landowner