amuck-landowner

Digital Ocean - IP4 in Amsterdam available again.

Amitz

I have just received this eMail:

Amsterdam 512MB and 1GB

Droplets Are Enabled!

DigitalOcean is excited to announce that we have acquired additional IPv4 space in the Amsterdam, NL (RIPE) region. We have re-enabled the 512MB and 1GB Droplets for AMS1 and are ready to be deployed!

Login into the control panel to deploy your new Droplets.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. DigitalOcean has been experiencing tremendous growth and we will be acquiring large blocks of IPv4 space to keep up with demand around the world as well as implementing IPv6 in the near future.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
For their sake I hope they get ARIN to allow them to announce space in RIPE w/o being punished since RIPE blocks are going to be a small fortune.

Francisco

lbft

With some VC money behind them, I wonder if they're going to go looking for legacy space to buy.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I grabbed a couple of $5 ones just in case they run out again.  I am in a kind of love hate relationship with them at the moment.

Chronic

Signed up with them a few hours ago using the OmgUbuntu promo code for a $10 credit, as I realised I could use it as a cheap way to test and experiment with new software. So far so good and it helps that the European location is available once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Their system was destroying newly provisioned VMs by mistake for some time after they announced the availability. I would not run anything critical for a few days @ ams.

amuck-landowner