amuck-landowner

Ding! Dong! Santrex is dead!

kro

Verified Provider
Aww, that's just sad.
They were friggen popular back in the day.

I actually discovered LEB/LET because i was trying to find another provider who was dirty cheap. What I found was treasure!

Worst uptime ever, but for what we were using them back then for, it was to be expected!

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
I once saw a full months downtime, of course I had abandoned them by then (for BuyVM) but didn't cancel the subscription. 1 day after bill, dispute, and then lost. Now I really want to know what they said to Paypal to win their dispute, I am still surprised they managed to hold a Paypal account given the number of disputes they probably had.

Glad to see them gone, I doubt they will be missed by anyone other than the scum of the earth who where willing to put up with close to 50% uptime.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Aww, that's just sad.

They were friggen popular back in the day.

I actually discovered LEB/LET because i was trying to find another provider who was dirty cheap. What I found was treasure!

Worst uptime ever, but for what we were using them back then for, it was to be expected!
I don't doubt they were still popular but it's likely that a lot of people didn't bother reading the email yet. Most of their locations should be going dark in the next few days so there'll likely be a big melt down over it.

Francisco

prometeus

Verified Provider
I think they will eventually replaced by someone else. There is lot of money floating in some gray / black areas of the net...

Gary

Last time I heard about them they were using NForce's PayPal address to accept PP payments
Unsurprising, considering what NForce host, and where the company came from. Warez central. Wouldn't surprise me if 50% of their business was P2L.

blergh

Verified Provider
Unsurprising, considering what NForce host, and where the company came from. Warez central. Wouldn't surprise me if 50% of their business was P2L.
lol so true, p2l indeed. That and rented shitty  5TB sites.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
They own 46.166.128.0/18 - even if it does get auctioned off I'm sure it'll go cheap considering how much abuse has come from that range.
I'm sure it'll sell for a good price, it is RIPE space after all which is very limited as they don't give anymore than a /22 to new members and probably require a lot of justification or simply say no to current members. Just takes time to clean it (few months+) but at the end value would increase instantly as time passes on and assignments through RIPE become even more rare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm sure it'll sell for a good price, it is RIPE space after all which is very limited as they don't give anymore than a /22 to new members and probably require a lot of justification or simply say no to current members. Just takes time to clean it (few months+) but at the end value would increase instantly as time passes on and assignments through RIPE become even more rare.
Given ownership is already transferred, it's also likely that baltic took it + the customers as payment for whatever dues santrex had.

Francisco

jarland

The ocean is digital
Ok, Santrex is down the drain. When will Ecatel follow them? That would be the real good news for the internet.
Standing offer to join the rebellion. Someone start an angry mob to torch the place, I'll hop on a plane. You can quote than in NSA record.

kro

Verified Provider
I don't doubt they were still popular but it's likely that a lot of people didn't bother reading the email yet. Most of their locations should be going dark in the next few days so there'll likely be a big melt down over it.

Francisco
Good call.

Should take some bets on the # threads that'll spawn in the coming days.

Profit can still be generated from this situation!

amuck-landowner