amuck-landowner

Do you tell a customer your server specs if he asks?

Dan

Let's try a real world example shall we?

@Francisco , I'm quite interested in your services at BuyVM. I'm looking at the 256MB OVZ servers in Vegas, what s the specs of the node/s in that location? Do these come with DDoS protection?

Now I don't expect Fran to publicly post his specs I more expect a PM but hell who knows he's a great guy..

I'll keep you updated if the stallion PMs me.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Let's try a real world example shall we?

@Francisco , I'm quite interested in your services at BuyVM. I'm looking at the 256MB OVZ servers in Vegas, what s the specs of the node/s in that location? Do these come with DDoS protection?

Now I don't expect Fran to publicly post his specs I more expect a PM but hell who knows he's a great guy..

I'll keep you updated if the stallion PMs me.
And for our real-world reply :p

"You can find a full breakdown of our hardware here - http://wiki.buyvm.net/index.php/hardware .  We did do a recent hardware upgrade for the 256+ plans in Vegas; those nodes are now running E5 2630L processors rather than the listed 5638's (announcement on the upgrade here - ), we just haven't gotten to updating the wiki yet.  And aye, DDoS Protection is available on any VPS plan we offer".

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
And for our real-world reply :p

"You can find a full breakdown of our hardware here - http://wiki.buyvm.net/index.php/hardware .  We did do a recent hardware upgrade for the 256+ plans in Vegas; those nodes are now running E5 2630L processors rather than the listed 5638's (announcement on the upgrade here - ), we just haven't gotten to updating the wiki yet.  And aye, DDoS Protection is available on any VPS plan we offer".
You're such a wet noodle

AuroraZero

No I generally lie to my clients and tell them they are hosted on 8086's with 2.25 MB Floppy drives. Their connections are generally 9600 Baud rate modems on old junkie phone lines.

Really gets the clients nerves going when I tell them this, and makes their blood pressure shoot through the roof. I love to see their eyes pop right out of their heads and their hands start shaking. :p :angry: :huh:

Makes it even better when I start laughing and finally tell then the truth though. :rolleyes:  People need to have more fun their lives. They tend to take things way to seriously sometimes.

amuck-landowner