amuck-landowner

Do you think vBoards have become too restrictive

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Good we have your attention when I say we I mean me and all of you. Now the fix is quite clear, this is it, 

1.  A formatted form that allows you to post by filling out the form and then press submit for ads.

(so the mods can then apply the set rules to all in the forms)

2.  Did you feel any restrictions posting in this tread well you should feel like that all over the site.

3.  Pre-define post frequency for all providers (even playing field)

See my next post, enjoy your day. 
1. This defeats the point of marketing then.  Regardless, we have a checklist of what you need in the rules.  For example this vps offer rules post has what you need in your post.  

Let me make this easier for you.  This is what you need for your offer to get posted!

• Company must have valid WhoIS information publicly available and can not have private WhoIS enabled. 
  • Submissions by representative of companies only, no affiliate links.
  • Title of post must include company name and must be descriptive of the offer.
  • Offers must include the datacenter(s) available for the offer
  • Offers must include the ACTUAL location (city) of the datacenter provinding the services available and not be misleading. Ex: New York = New York City. If you are in Buffalo, say 'Buffalo', not New York.
  • Offer must include a small description of the company and of the plan details. Don't just list plans, tell us about your company.
Rest of the rules are copied and pasted further down the post.  

2. There should be no real feeling of restrictions except in the offer forums.  I mean obviously the general rule of "Don't be an ass" should be applied anywhere and most of the time we try to make sure the content is in good taste.  vpsBoard is a platform for people to communicate and discuss about the industry.  Not a place for an individual to state "LOL I'm laughing that you have not found us yet <insert link here>".

3. Ok...  You obviously did not read ANY of the messages we sent you.  Read the VPS Offer Rules Here.  

For your convenience, here's the part of the rules that directly correlates to what you're asking for (for your convenience): 

• Submitter must have at least 25 posts before submission can become active
  • Only one offer per every seven days may be posted!
  • You must also have at least 5 non-offer related posts between offers!
We have sent the link to the rules to you MULTIPLE times.  And you have not communicated with us at all.  

For the sake of consistency, I'll add the final rule here.  

• NO FREE VPS OFFERS
There you go.  It's good practice to check the rules thread every time before you post an advertisement because it can and probably will change.  While we will try to communicate with everyone and let them know every single time we make a rules change, we can't guarantee that all of you guys will get our message (although we damn sure will try!).  

Look, we've tried to work with you but you just don't communicate.  We link you to the rules but you give us nothing, and now you're complaining?  

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Good we have your attention when I say we I mean me and all of you. Now the fix is quite clear, this is it, 

1.  A formatted form that allows you to post by filling out the form and then press submit for ads.

(so the mods can then apply the set rules to all in the forms)

2.  Did you feel any restrictions posting in this tread well you should feel like that all over the site.

3.  Pre-define post frequency for all providers (even playing field)

See my next post, enjoy your day. 
HaKunamatata!

This is like the most well formatted thing I have seen from you in my whole life! Congrats!

Now, for your "suggestions", read the forum rules. It is there. Stop drinking martini and you might be able to read better.

ComputerTrophy

OP, the use of the word "crap" in the absence of more appropriate words, and the fact that you've placed the word "crap" in the wrong places of the sentences shows the following:

1. This reflects poorly on your hosting services.
  2. Your lack of thoughtfulness in your original post shows the amount of thought you gave towards communication from moderators.
  3. You are incapable reading the rules before you post a thread.
If you read the rules, you wouldn't have to go through such inconvenience.

amuck-landowner