amuck-landowner

Do you use the default WHMCS Support system?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Hi,

Just curious what people here use to manage there support systems? We all know WHMCS provides a default support system but in all honestly I hate it.

I am more of a Kayako man myself, until I noticed it was $29/Mo PER OPERATOR which is a bit extreme for what I need at the moment :p

As an alternative  we've been playing with Arcticdesk, seems nice and light weight and much easier to manage our customers tickets, emails etc compared to the pile of crap that comes with WHMCS.

It's now in production for ourselves haven't found any major issues with & it seems to provide a much friendlier front/back end for managing support... can't complain for an extra $14 a month!

Anybody else using it? or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Kayako isn't half bad, pricey, but it's not aimed towards small businesses generally.

ArticDesk looks nice, not bad. 

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I'm using WHMCS, since it is included. :)

LEB uses arcticdesk if I'm not mistaken, was a hell of a buggy version a year ago. Hope they fixed it.

rds100

Verified Provider
WHMCS is good enough. Don't know why you need to replace it if you already have it.

NodeWest-Dan

I use WHMCS as a courtesy to my customers.  It's bad enough they have to have two logins (billing and cpanel) I don't want them to have to deal with another potentially different login.  It's also easier for us to keep everything on one site as taking them to a different site for support limits our ability to market to them on our main site.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
WHMCS' support system is integrated well enough that it doesn't give much reason to use a 3rd party support system.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Eh, when Joel put ArcticDesk on LEB, it was terribly buggy. I don't see myself trying that out anytime soon, perhaps give it another year or so until it's more developed. Also, I don't see any reason for the WHMCS system not to work fine.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
We use Kayako (download) and love it, able to set reminders to check back tickets after X hours, days and add SLA for response times(which we're working on implementing   :)

Kakashi

Verified Provider
Builtin WHMC support system works very well for us. Haven't every considered anything else.

HostingAbove

Verified Provider
Agree with most of the folks here. The WHMCS default ticket system works great for us and have never thought about going 3rd party. May not have all the bells and whistles, but at the end of the day as long clients are receiving prompt responses and resolutions we are happy!

^TG

GIANT_CRAB

WHMCS support system works okay, a bit shitty, but still okay.

Why replace it with something more expensive? You ought to increase your product prices at the same time too. (or decrease profit margins)

Kayako < Deskpro, you should czech out Deskpro.

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
We used ArcticDesk for several months, however after some rocky updates and integration problems it was abandon for WHMCS again.

I think ArcticDesk has some great potential, and the social media integration was nice (when it worked).  I'll admit our use of NGINX didn't help matters much at the time.

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Not saying it don't work fine, it just don't provide a clean feel to managing our support tickets. In comparison we have a clear view of what needs to be done and when its needed along with a much better interface to manage emails, departments, tracking etc. 

it also provides an  API to WHMCS so clients don't notice of a difference, granted could do with a little work there but nothing that can't fixed with some changes.

Overall can't complain its helped its a lot :p

BuyCPanel-Kevin

Verified Provider
I didn't even know WHMCS provided an internal ticketing system, but we mainly use Kayako and it's honestly great, I would say it's worth the price

AD-Jay

Jay from ArcticDesk here, thought I'd reply to some of the comments in this thread.

I'm using WHMCS, since it is included. :)
LEB uses arcticdesk if I'm not mistaken, was a hell of a buggy version a year ago. Hope they fixed it.
Eh, when Joel put ArcticDesk on LEB, it was terribly buggy. I don't see myself trying that out anytime soon, perhaps give it another year or so until it's more developed. Also, I don't see any reason for the WHMCS system not to work fine.
We were surprised, but LEB installed it while it was still in beta. It wasn't really intended for production use at the time, so I think it is harsh to make any judgement based on that. Note that this was over a year ago and much has changed since then, every part of the application has improved and it has a completely new frontend and backend interface.

We used ArcticDesk for several months, however after some rocky updates and integration problems it was abandon for WHMCS again.

I think ArcticDesk has some great potential, and the social media integration was nice (when it worked).  I'll admit our use of NGINX didn't help matters much at the time.
We're sorry you had some issues, I assume it was a problem with the WHMCS integration and API? Did you contact our support team for help?

We are working on completely overhauling the WHMCS integration with our next release.

Tried ArcticDesk, switched back about a month ago because it was still extremely buggy. Happy with WHMCS.
We have fixed several minor bugs as part of the forthcoming v1.2.5 release, but there isn't anything show stopping that we're aware of. Did you contact our support team about any of the issues you had?

amuck-landowner