amuck-landowner

Down to 4 VPS

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Hehe. I might consider it in the future, but currently I have no additional budget :)
So I'm curious about your apparently vast Tahoe-LAFS network.  Is that

- your own personal files that you store there as their sole location (distributed, yes, but I mean "those files live only on Tahoe-LAFS")

- a backup of your local PC files

- a sync somehow of your PC files (a personal Dropbox)

- files that live on Tahoe-LAFS because you're sharing them or working collaboratively on them with others

blergh

Verified Provider
I would love to try more providers, but it's getting harder and harder to find new providers that offer something that lasts.

maounique

TBH, I never kept a serious count of my VPSes. They are usually left to own devices except from time to time when I upgrade the minimal OS and 2-3 applications. I get reminders about payments and pay, otherwise. If I do a really hard count now I go over 10 that I pay, 2 in US and the rest in EU.

There is also the BlueVM one which is suspended for doing traffic of 1.4 tb instead of .5 allowed last month in the first few days and I dont know if it will come back today or not to check what could have went so terribly wrong without getting blacklisted or something. So, would be 11 with that.

In EU I have DO, EDIS, torq, and a few in NL and UK. I also colo a server in Voxility.

With home connection of 1 gbps best effort i push-pull some 40 TB a month, mostly tor relays (restricted exits from home) freenet and gre/IPv6 experiements which encapsulate the above mentioned traffic over weird routes.

I pay some 75 Eur a month for all this.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
LET taught me that RAM is the only criteria that matters when choosing a provider so here's my list ranked by RAM:

Personal VPS (1)

------------------

128MB DotVPS (gopher server) --openvz

Company VPS (41)

-----------------

16.768GB Edis/Waveride --kvm/openvz

16GB CloudVPS --xen

13.64GB Iniz/Openvz.io --openvz

7.896GB Prometeus/iwStack/XenPower --openvz/kvm/xen

3GB ProviderService/UltraVPS.eu --openvz/xen

3GB RamNode --openvz

2GB HostVirtual --xen

2GB MikroVPS --openvz

1GB VPS.us --xen

512MB BandwagonHost --openvz

512MB Host1Plus --openvz

384MB VPS.co.za --xen

256MB VelociHost --kvm

256MB NephoScale --kvm

Company dedi (11)

-------------------

256GB colo'ed dedis in NYC

192GB OVH

32GB SeFlow

30GB Kimsufi

joepie91

So I'm curious about your apparently vast Tahoe-LAFS network.  Is that

- your own personal files that you store there as their sole location (distributed, yes, but I mean "those files live only on Tahoe-LAFS")

- a backup of your local PC files

- a sync somehow of your PC files (a personal Dropbox)

- files that live on Tahoe-LAFS because you're sharing them or working collaboratively on them with others
Multiple things, actually. Currently I use it as my incremental backup target (for both my desktop PC and a bunch of stuff on my servers), using Tahoe-LAFS. It's also used as a backend for some sites, and I'm currently working on an S3-like API and CDN frontend to turn it into a proper CDN, usable by anybody (for non-profit) projects.

amuck-landowner