amuck-landowner

DryInkDesign Review

Steven F

Verified Provider
I thought I'd review DryInkDesignhttp://DryInkDesign.com, as Albert is absolutely amazing. You don't see enough positive reviews and I've worked with Dry Ink three times now.

1) The first logo that Albert did for me was DediCube's. You can see the original coloring on his portfolio.

Albert sent me my first six designs to choose from in 36 hours. In it, was an early form of the logo we ended up using. 4 days later, he came back with 4 *new* designs as well as 2 manipulations of the one we had fancied. So, that's 10 uniques and 2 manipulations. The next e-mail we received, was a few days later. It contained 3 manipulations (and the design we ultimately picked) from the prior original design, as well as 1 semi-manipulation/semi-unique new design.

All of this for just $55? I was blown away. Albert went above and beyond the call of duty, in my opinion, on what we paid for. From then on, I recommended him to anyone that asked.

2) The second logo that Albert did for me was BoltVM. This is not on his website. You can see a decent version of it here.

I received the first 5 unique designs approximately 3 days after I paid. I told him there were two that I liked. He sent me three designs combining the features of the two I liked, about 2 days later. From there, we did a few touch-ups and we have the above logo. All in all, it was extremely quick and pleasant.

At this time, I was having trouble with resizing the logos. I sent him an e-mail asking for some help. He provided me with detailed directions on getting high-quality resizes.

3) The third, most recent logo, was a re-design of the DediCube logo which he just did for me. We needed a print-friendly version and I must say, as always, I'm extremely satisfied. <36 hours turn-around (it wasn't completely brand new, but the new designs are definitely creative). We'll be unveiling it with our new website (which should be done before January) and it definitely lives up to the standard I expect from him.

I received .eps, .ai, .psd, and .pdf files (as well as multiple sized .pngs) of the logos. I highly recommend Albert to anyone looking for a new logo.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Nice to see a review of professional services!!!  Lots of us need creative outsourced help.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Nice to see a review of professional services!!!  Lots of us need creative outsourced help.
Hoping to have a similar review of our web designer in the coming few weeks, too. Granted, he's not cheap, and I can only think of a few providers that would use him here ($X,XXX budget for a small site).

dryink

@Steven F

Steven, thank you very much for this unsolicited and detailed review — I'm very flattered and at the same time surprised that

your experience has been this positive. I thought I underperformed in your case(s), mainly due to time constraints. If you're a

happy camper then so am I :)

For everyone else who may be reading this: I just registered on here to respond to the review and to be able to answer any

questions you may have. I've been a (not very active) member of LET since 2011 and never advertised there, and won't probably do

it around here either. I once did a logo for free for someone on LET for a supposed open source project that I never saw 

come to life. If you have something interesting in the open source space, then I may be able to to lend you a hand free of charge

if I have spare time. For everything else, you can shoot me a pm or contact directly at my site to discus your next project.

Happy Holidays...hohoho!

Steven F

Verified Provider
@Steven F

Steven, thank you very much for this unsolicited and detailed review — I'm very flattered and at the same time surprised that

your experience has been this positive. I thought I underperformed in your case(s), mainly due to time constraints. If you're a

happy camper then so am I :)

For everyone else who may be reading this: I just registered on here to respond to the review and to be able to answer any

questions you may have. I've been a (not very active) member of LET since 2011 and never advertised there, and won't probably do

it around here either. I once did a logo for free for someone on LET for a supposed open source project that I never saw 

come to life. If you have something interesting in the open source space, then I may be able to to lend you a hand free of charge

if I have spare time. For everything else, you can shoot me a pm or contact directly at my site to discus your next project.

Happy Holidays...hohoho!
Non-sense. Anyone that expects work to be done instantly needs to understand that another human being, with a life of their own, is doing the work for them. Everything was completed in a realistic timeframe. I'd also post on WHT, but I don't think anyone worth your time would see it in the section that I'd have to post it in.

I've recommended you to a number of people, well known and respected providers (who I won't name as I don't see their logos in your portfolio) and I know they were all pretty much satisfied with your work.

I saw the new Kimchi logo and all I could say was "wow". :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dryink

@Steven F

Well, you captured it very well in saying that one shouldn't expect something instantly when another person with a life

is doing it manually and/or with care. That's very spot-on!

I don't obviously spend that much time designing it, or I'd be working for 1 dollar an hour or so.

Instead, I contemplate from time to time on ideas and possible solutions, and draw from that. This initially takes about

a day or so. Then it becomes easier and the rest follows suit. Either way, I'm not getting rich off it, so it's more a labor of love,

considering that I have regular job that takes care of my needs. My loss is you gain in that sense.

One thing I wanted to make clear but can't edit my original post: The reason I don't advertise here or on LET is because of the nature of the forums.

I don't like like to distract folks discussing servers etc. with graphic design services, which seems like spam. That's really all there's to it from my point of view.

I'm not nearly as awesome as it sounds from the original review (I think), so give it a go if you feel like it -- you risk almost nothing. I'm also very approachable.

I can even handle some of your dumbest ideas in that I will tell you to go elsewhere without judging you. Who knows, maybe I'll be the retarded designer

who told the next Steve Jobs to leave it alone and then cry my eyes out looking at your success unfolding. But seriously, ping me anytime!

ItsChrisG

Verified Provider
Randomly found this thread on google....

I'd like to also speak up for Albert @ DryInkDesign... he is now my go-to guy for logos and other image work.

Thus far I've had FIVE (5) logos created by him, with a 6th in process and a 7th project which I am not sure if he does or not, but has been emailed off and offered to him tonight (Twitter background).

Good work, fast turn around, and great service.

A+, 10 stars, etc to DryInkDesign, www.DryInkDesign.com

--------

P.S. yes, this is my first post on vpsb , but most of you will know who I am -- Chris Gotzmann.

ItsChrisG is my handle on other forums as well.  ;)  :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner