amuck-landowner

DS Recommendations

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Picked up a pair of 3DS XLs this past weekend for the wife and I.  My main intent was to replace my DS Lite with a larger screen in anticipation of picking up a DSTWO Mod cart to load all of my old ROMs onto.. and of course Kristi wanted a new one as well >_>  But that aside.. while in the store, picked up a copy of the new Fire Emblem.  Instant addiction - I love these types of games.  So much in fact, that I'd finished the main story in just under eight hours >_>  Working on the rest of the content now, but it's got me jonesing for more.

I'm sure there are plenty of gamers here; PC, Console, and Handheld alike.  I haven't really had any luck finding anything similar on Amazon/etc - anyone happen to have some good (!j)RPG recommendations for the DS?  (I specify non-jRPG because playing Final Fantasy once was enough - sick to death of that genre).

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Well Fire Emblem is quite the best RPG Strategy that is available for any Nintendo portable system.

What I did played as long as Fire Emblem was:

• Advance Wars
  • Heroes of Mana
Heck I have to charge my old DS.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Aaah, most excellent, thank you sir :p  I'll be checking into those when I get home tonight.  Noticed that the DS lineup also has a handful of the Dragon Quest series;  also added to my list.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Children of Mana is definitely a strong title, but it's a jRPG.

acd

*ahem* for all the boob jokes you could want, you should try Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

Some things you just don't have to make up.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is still the best game I've ever played on a handheld. :D

I should go pick up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for my DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterw

Thank you sir for forcing me to buy a 3DS XL too.

Advance Wars
Heroes of Mana
I bought Advance Wars - Dark Conflict, because it is better than Advance Wars - Dual Strike.

Children of Mana is really good but Heroes of Mana sucks.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is still the best game I've ever played on a handheld. :D

I should go pick up Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for my DS.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift is a must buy for DS owners.

amuck-landowner