amuck-landowner

Dual Quad L5420, 16GB RAM, 2x 1TB ESATA HW RAID 1, 10TB Bandwidth!

Mike

Verified Provider
Hey all!

After waiting a few weeks, my hardware has finally reached the datacenter and I'm looking to lease it out.

Currently located at the Dacentec Green Datacenter in North Carolina.

2x Quad Core L5420

16GB RAM

2x 1TB Enterprise SATA

Hardware RAID 1

10TB Bandwidth

2 IP Addresses

$100/m

The server can hold up to 4 drives.

I have a rack and a draw of spare parts available at Dacentec including additional drives, RAID cards etc.  I'm expecting more hardware to arrive in the coming weeks but for now, this is the only setup I have there.

Upgrades Available

1TB SATA - $20/m

2TB SATA - $25/m

300GB SAS - $20/m

128GB SSD - $25/m

RAID/SAS Controller - $15/m (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10)

Additional IPs

1 IP Address: $2.50/m

5 IP Addresses: $7/m

13 IP Addresses: $15/m

29 IP Addresses: $32/m

If you are interested, please PM me and I'll send over the order link!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Verified Provider
There isn't really a price for unmanaged.  I'm available 24/7 (PC/Phone) hence the fully managed.

Mike

Verified Provider
I would rather be responsible for the full system. I'll pass.

Mun
Nothing stopping you from controlling the entire system.  The hardware itself is worth more than $100 but I'm reaching out to the budget market.  I've thrown in the fully managed service as a free extra.

Mike

Verified Provider
I'll reduce the price to $80/m unmanaged to anyone interested.

EDIT: Indeed, E-SATA.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
What benefits do you offer over Dacentec's $50/month rent-to-own servers? I've been looking at getting a server or 2 in their data center to play with.

Mike

Verified Provider
Nothing would ever beat going direct with the datacenter but I can/will provide a fully managed service alongside my servers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So, with the fully managed, are you folks on site in Lenoir or is it remote fully managed?

What's the reason here for e-sata?

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
eSata does not stand for Enterprise SATA - It's a spec for external Sata interfaces, as in an external drive.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My apologies.  E-SATA is surely going to confuse everyone to death :)  Best to write out Enterprise SATA for everyone's sake.

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
Not trying to be a snob or anything, but you are incorrect. There is no such thing as ESATA or E-SATA only eSata. There are enterprise class sata drives. Find me a spec on Enterprise SATA from a reputable source and I will be much obliged to admit that I am wrong.

However, it is best we stay proper in our terms in regards to technologies, especially where clients and money are involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA#eSATA

http://www.sata-io.org/technology/esata.asp

Mike

Verified Provider
It's just an abbreviation...  If you want to be really snobby, it's not eSata, it's eSATA :p

Mike

Verified Provider
I've reviewed my offer and thrown in an additional 1TB drive and a RAID controller, capable of RAID 0, 1, 5 & 10.

amuck-landowner