amuck-landowner

Dual Xeon L5420 (8 Cores at 2.5 GHz) - 24GB RAM - 4x 1TB HDD Dell Server

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Howdy folks!

So I finished the RTO period with Dacentec and have been paying for the colocation fees for a while now. Unfortunately I'm currently done with the use of this server (it's done all it need to do).

I'm selling the hardware!

Here's the specs:
Dell Server (Don't have the serial number present)
Dual L5420 (2 processors, 4x 2.5 GHz cores each, totaling to 8 Cores at 2.5 GHz Each)
24 GB RAM (ECC DDR2)
4x 1TB HDD (I think one of the hard drives is failing but I'm not too sure. I haven't investigated it really)
On-Board Raid Controller (Fancy term for Software Raid)
Dedicated IPMI Port
2x Network Port
Given As IS Current Condition

Pickup Location: Lenoir, North Carolina, Dacentec

2 Things you can do after you get this:
1. Continue Colocation at Dacentec
       Contract is $40/month, 1 IP, 2TB Bandwidth at 1Gbit port speed (Cancel Anytime) (IPMI Costs not included)
2. Ship it/Send it somewhere else
       (Packaging and shipping costs are not included (aka this is a hardware only sale))

Bid Information:
Minimum/Starting Bid: $250.00 USD
Minimum Increment: $1.00 USD
End Time: Friday, November 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM UTC (Use: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html to find the local time for you)

After Bid has Ended (This is a specific cut-off time, any post with timestamp after the cut-off time will not be recognized), I will contact you and you'll have 24 hours to send the payment. Failure to do so will result in abandoning the bid.

Any other information can be directed to me via PM. If there are common questions involved I'll edit this post (or the post under it).

Let's do this!

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
FAQ

Hard Drive Models:
Howdy there.  It seems there are many people who are asking me about the specific information in regards to the hard drives (about 1.5 hours before the auction is done).  

There are two WD1002FBYS, and two (if I recall) 2.5" hard drives.  I'm currently looking into getting the specific serial numbers of the second hard drives but I can't be certain.  

It seems that all the hard drives are WD1002FBYS model.  This means they're all 4x 3.5" Hard drives from what I can tell.  (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/SpecSheet/ENG/2879-701281.pdf)  

Oys9oDY.png

My mistake and my apologies for the confusion.  

Retraction of Bid:
Due to issues involved with the specific models of the hard drive, I have messaged every individual involved with this bid with this message posted here: 
http://vpsboard.com/topic/2557-dual-xeon-l5420-8-cores-at-25-ghz-24gb-ram-4x-1tb-hdd-dell-server/page-2#entry38763

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Howdy!

First of all, thanks to everyone who have already placed a bid!  

This is a reminder/notification that the auction will end in a little over 6 hours and 15 minutes from now.  

Epidrive

Verified Provider
<-- retracted -->

PM'd OP before putting up a new offer.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
1 hour and 24 minutes left. 

FrapHost just asked about the specific details behind the possibly failing hard drive.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Update: There has been an update clarifying the model of the hard drives (after multiple individuals contacting me about them).  I've updated the second post (that was initially reserved) for these edits.  Please review them.  I'll update this once more if more information becomes available.  If this is an issue please let me know and I'll see what I can do.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I've allowed this due to apparently disliking the more detail I've presented (when he requested it and bid before asking).  If the next highest bidder does not wish to proceed then please send me a PM and this can be handled.

I will admit this has become a clusterfuck now.  

Current highest bidder: 

amuck-landowner